~For those that have been following my sickness status... I DIDN'T GET SICK!!! :) (shit, now I'm doomed)
I guess Airborne really works, 'cause I shoulda had strep plus the pukes...
~My trip this past weekend was not eventful enough for me to blog an entire blog about it, so here is a quick recap:
- I made a new friend on my flight from MSP to SEA - his name is Greg and I think I'm in love with him. He bought me a beer on the flight and we talked everything from beer to business. He may have been flirting with me... I may have been flirting back - he is old enough to be my dad.
- We drove from PDX to the Oregon Coast on Thursday night and got a vacation home.
- It was misting all day Friday, which we bucked up and braved. I climbed a little cliff [or something like that, but I'm not sure if that's what is was], took several pictures [on a cloudy, misty day], and spend the rest of the day inside.
- It poured and was wicked windy all day Saturday; stayed inside, watched movies/TV shows and cooked.
- I took more photo's of wine and wine corks than I did anything else [apparently I think it's pretty stuff].
- I bought new ear buds at the SEA airport, I love them and they don't hurt my ears!
- I got 100+ pages into Angels & Demons over the weekend... I'm reading it again before the movie comes out so I can be current on it!
~People are extremely nice in the world. Something I thought people had lost... travel used to be something I did and never really took the time to talk to anyone because most people are rude or don't want to talk... whatever. Maybe it was me, maybe I was just giving the impression that I didn't want to talk. This trip was so different for me... at the MSP airport I sat at the bar, ordered a Martini and a sandwich to-go [sandwich to-go, not the martini], ended up chatting with the bartender a bit and some Oregonian about God only knows what. Then on the plane I made friends [Greg], and chatted a whole bit. Then the fella on my second flight was extremely nice to me; although he did tell me he wasn't getting fresh with me because he was trying to make room for people to get by in the aisle. All-in-all, my point is that nice people are awesome and kindness goes a long way. Take the time to be nice... you'll be such a better person because of it!
~I drove by a Christmas Tree Farm the other day and gots to thinking: Don't you think it's sad that we grow these trees, which take YEARS to grow, just to cut them down and display them for a couple weeks out of the year?
~Last week I was told that I am one-of-a-kind. It was said as a compliment and I am choosing to accept it as one; I think that could be taken the wrong way by many. What do you think; am I really one-of-a-kind [in a good way]?
I'm out; WORD bitches!