All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Random v.9.6

I really only have a few short things to say here, so listen closely.

1.) If you've been paying attention you know that I've been trying to venture into the world of spice... slowly.  Last night I went to Esteban's in downtown Anoka with Steve to dive into yet another experience in spice.  Esteban's was a well established Mexican restaurant in Anoka for MANY MANY years, then closed for reasons unknown to me; they have now reopened in a new location just blocks from where they used to be.  In the past, sitting down at a Mexican restaurant for me would be a Margarita, chips, and fajitas minus the peppers - it was time to try something new! Steve ordered a shredded carne chimichanga and I told the waitress that I'd have the exact same.  The kicker here is what came on top of it - Queso Diablo Sauce... yikes!  My shit mouth was on fire... but I didn't hate it!  I ate the whole thing and enjoyed it much [except for the wicked fully belly afterwards].
Kristi, this would be a great place to review as I know you love Mexican food and they don't have a website up as of yet.  Cute little place too!

2.) Check out the progress I've made on the Scavenger Hunt... I'm closing in on my last few things and I'm pretty sure I have ideas for each of them!  I'm updating it almost daily and every other day at the very least... so keep checking; don't make me be a nag.  Exciting stuff here... I've neglected my blog while doing this, but it's okay, because I'm having so much fun doing this!  I can't wait to, hopefully, find another Hunt!
2.5.) Also check out my Daily Photo Blog - 365 Days of Hope; I've been updating that about every other day and I'm loving that I started it!

3.) Someone in the US ripped off our design for one of our motorcycle trailers at work... I will absolutely not link to their site because I don't want to advertise for them.  Pretty much our own fault, but do you have any idea how much it costs to get a product patent?!  It's crazy expensive... Here is a link to Matrix Motorcycle Trailers (Rover and Quest), in case you'd like to see them.  Pretty crappy though... they are making a fiberglass model, which is a lot less durable.  Our trailers are made of TPO, which is a blend of plastic and rubber, making them virtually indestructible.  Our cost is more, but sometimes you can't go cheap, if you want quality!  I wish that other company nothing but failure, you shouldn't steal other peoples hard work!  Phooey!

I'm out; Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have been to Esteban's before like 20 years ago...I didn't know there were any left! I will meet you there some time and do a review :)

Looking around for graffiti to photograph would be awesome, let me know where you end up going....

Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled, this is not the old Estaban's of old, the food is TERRIBLE! Our entire party hated it.

Anonymous said...

Not the same Estebans! New owners purchased the Estebans name. Not the same menu and Not the same receipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails