All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.16

sorry for the horrible formatting of this blog, it was a copy/paste from Word.

I need to take moment this morning because I'm a bit shaken up... I was literally inches away from crashing my car just down the road from work.
After I turn off 169, I go under the bridge that is 169 and have to deal with the traffic coming off the highway from the North.  They have a stop sign; most of the time people obey it.  This morning there was a pick-up truck turning off 169 the same direction I am driving.  Now... if he were to make a tight right turn he would end up in a turn lane going into the gas station; this is what he appeared to be doing.  I slowed down, because I know how people can be, but didn't stop.  All of the sudden he darts over into the left turn lane, paying no attention to me or the car in front of me, both in the lane of traffic going straight.  The car in front has enough time to barely veer out of the way and I have no choice but to veer left almost hitting the center island and almost being hit by him on my right – with my hand on my horn.  Literally inches…
It’s strange to me how our hearts can race like that and the adrenaline can get pumping… the come down from that almost always makes me shake and brings me to tears.  I held the tears back but continued my drive shaking… I hate stupid drivers!!
I got gas for $3.22 yesterday (and got 37.7 MPG on that tank!!) - This morning on the way to work I saw it for $3.17; how great is it that we are excited by that!?  Do you think it will go back under $2.00?
The Twins lost last night – UGH!!!  Baseball is over L
In yesterday’s paper Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings was quoted as saying (in reference to the 4th down, 4th quarter punt during Sunday’s game): “The way our defense was playing, I thought we could stop them and get the ball back” (remember it was 4th and 13, with under or around 2 minutes on the clock).  The Titans took knees to end the game and win.
What a fricken idiot!  I have nothing more to say about that.
I started writing this blog at 7:15am or so… after walking into the office shaken up only to find that we were having some computer issues on one of the computers.  I started writing to just touch on almost dying.  Our computer problems spread to all of our computers and none of us could connect to the server, luckily I was able to copy and paste what I had started online and I am now typing this in Word.  It’s now 10:45am and we still have no connection… but it’s being worked on.  It’s amazing how much of my job revolves around a computer. 
I’m making a flow chart using Excel for one of our custom jobs that has a ton of parts and requires a lot of steps… its fricken dope!  It’s my first time using Excel to make a flowchart; Pretty handy and pretty easy to figure out.  I love projects like this at my job. J
Turns out there is only 15 days until I arrive in Springfield… might be kind of excited! 
Just sayin’
Computers are back up and running… time to post!

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I wish idiot drivers would be removed from the road!! I am glad you're okay :)

Lynne said...

I am also glad you are okay, and the idiot didn't hit you. After reading your blog, I have come to the realization that we think alot alike.
Baseball has been over here since June and it has been a sad season for Padres fans. I gave up watching long ago.
Why in the heck would the Vikings pumt on a 4th down, with less then 2 minutes left?? Makes no sense at all.
But the important thing is, you are okay and going on a trip in 2 wees!!

BB Live Updates said...

Whew! Glad you are okay! I had a similar experience Tuesday. A teen aged kid darted across the HIGHWAY (yes a Highway!!!!) Right in front of me while riding his bike. I slammed on my brakes and went for the ditch. When the van stopped, he was in front of the bumper and only by about 3 inches. He just stared at me a sec, and then took off on his merry way. UGH!!!!! I was a nervous wreck the rest of the evening! Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I digress.... lol.
Glad you are okay, and now it is only 14 days!!!!! Just thought you should know. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails