All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.15

Well... it's been a long time since I've gone random.
I went to the Twins game on Saturday... we lost.  Not the point.  I was extremely happy to see the dome so packed!  It wasn't a sell out crowd, but there were more people there than I've seen in a long time!
So now - The White Sox won tonight against the Tigers, which means the Twins are on their way to Chicago right now (most likely) to battle the White Sox tomorrow evening.  If the Tigers could have pulled their head out of their asses and caught a few balls tonight, I wouldn't even be writing this.  UGH!
Which ever team wins Tuesday night will go to Tampa Bay and play 2 games away, have a day off, play 2 (if necessary) games at home, have a day off, then play 1 more game away (if necessary).  It's best 3 out of 5, so it could be over quick.
I hope the Twins kill the White Sox!

Anyone ever wonder why Chicago has two ball clubs anyhow?

The Vikings got killed on Sunday, pisses me off.  As I was watching... last couple minutes of the 4th Quarter and we decide to punt the ball on 4th and like 15.  I didn't realize at first the time on the clock was so little and I thought, no biggie.  Until the time was brought to my attention... and realized that they would take a few knees and win the game.  Can we say Mike Tice?  Maybe you prefer Denny Green?

The Office started on Thursday... I laughed!  I felt it was a bit lacking on the comedic front, but there was a lot of catching up to do over 3 months.  I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't watched it, but the big surprise scene was great!!

I have a trip set for mid-October!  I'm driving to Springfield, MO to visit my dear friend Renee!  I'm so excited and I can not wait, though I have to.  LOL - we have craft classes scheduled (basket weaving!), a trip to Branson for a day filled with fun!  I can't wait to spend time with both her and her family (they are amazing people and I LOVE her kids!!).
The downfall is the drive - it's 10 hours, one way.  Anyone have family or friends in that area and wanna make the drive with me?  We can take my car!  Let me know ;)

I'm following politics (EEK!) or at least trying to.  I honestly don't get any of it.  Why let them talk if the only thing that comes out is lies?  Why have debates if they are only telling us what we want to hear and not what they actually plan to see happen?  I have the debate on my tivo from Friday night... I'm going to watch it this week and maybe I'll post more on it.  Though I don't want my blog to become a political battlefield, I would like to know some damn facts!

Lastly, cause I'm anxious to get to bed, I want to introduce a few of my friends who have started blogging - Renee , Dawn , Terri , and Lynne - while I don't expect weekly blogs from them, I have high expectations that all these ladies will produce greatness whenever they write!

2 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

First off... Yay! for the trip mid october!! I too cannot wait! Will be great fun!

Secondly... on the political front. It is basically a Soap Opera for the intelluctual (or those that like to pretend ... like me!)
It is basically one lie after another. You have to follow it for a good while imo to know and fully (if you are lucky) understand the back stories and histories, then the mumbo jumbo, empty promises, rhetoric, and dazzle with little to no substance becomes much easier to sort through. If that makes any sense. Anyhow, don't give up! I got into years ago, and am abosulutely addicted to it! One other quick hint... more than trying to decipher exactly what the "politician" is saying... always approach it from ... what do they get by saying this? why are they saying this? It helps alot!
As for facts... look at voting records, etc. That also helps, but there too... you have to know the back story. Many times a politician will vote no on a bill simply due to the "additions" to the bill, and not neccisarily in oposition to the bill itself.
Okay..I will quit rambling now, and I promise... we won't talk politics the entire time you are here! :)
Oh.. and the kids say Hi Ang!!!!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Go Twins!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails