All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope

As I sit here, on my unwanted day off, just having finished watching my first ever 2 hours and 5 minutes of any Star Wars movie... I'm kind of blown away!  
Thats the thing I love about this blog... I can begin writing, save it, and post it anytime I want...

After I got home from the doctor I debated going into work.. but then I decided it wasn't worth it to drive 45 minutes there, work for 3 hours, and drive 45 minutes back.  This injury has made it very uncomfortable to drive and sit in a car.

I thought I should finally get around to watching this Star Wars movie.  Little known fact about me: I've never seen any of the Star Wars flicks... and according to some of the highly respected people I know, that makes me un-American.  I hadn't watched any Indiana Jones movie until this summer.  There are a few others that I need to see to become a real American... or so they say.

I honestly don't even know what to say about the movie (Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope).  I'm quite honestly anxious to continue watching them to see where this goes.  I don't feel a super strong bond with any of the characters - though I do have some opinions.  My biggest annoyance is that damn furry thing... Chewbacca... the noise that comes out of that thing is enough to make you want to turn the movie off.  I did like the little droids though... oh, look at me using movie terms!  My heart actually dropped when R2-D2 was destroyed... I just wish I could understand him - I have faith he will be back though ;)
I felt a certain pressure to understand and become fully knowledgeable on the workings of the places in the movie.. but after watching for a bit I decided that it just wasn't necessary and I should sit back, watch, and either enjoy or hate the movie.  I think it helps that I've had 26 years listening to people talk about Star Wars, so I felt somewhat familiar with the names, places, and things mentioned.

I don't know that I can say I loved it, but I definitely didn't hate it.  I have the next episode (Star Wars: Episode V: Empire Strikes Back) sitting at my house now, hopefully I will get that watched this weekend.  I'm going to try and take it easy for a week or so, in hopes to heal myself a bit, it will give me good opportunity to watch a few movies :).  

I'll post again after I watch the next one... 

... May the Force Be With You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, you make me proud.

Dawn said...

Call me crazy.....but apparently I'm more unamerican than you because I have never seen a Star Wars movie AND I have no intention of it. I don't care for science fiction stuff, and just don't see a point in watching something I don't like.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I can't believe this is the first time for you to watch Star Wars!!!!!
Rich just borrowed all of the movies from us last week!

BB Live Updates said...

Silly girl.... I used to LOVE the Star Wars movies. Unfortunately, growing up I watched the first few that came out SO MANY times, that now the simple uttering of Star Wars causes me to roll my eyes.
I am glad you enjoyed it, they are decent movies. (until you have seen each of them 20dozen times... then... they are bleh...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails