All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Star Wars: Episode VI and Episode I

I watched 2 Star Wars Movies this weekend; Episode VI: Return of The Jedi and Episode I: The Phantom Menace


Being that I'm doing 2 movies here, I'm going to try and keep this short.
Let me be honest right off the bat; I was taking pulls straight from the (wine) bottle each night... that is not uncommon.  I was also surrounded by people who were chatting/giggling, pretty much the entire time.

Friday night we watched Return of The Jedi.
I was disappointed with the fact that Jabba the Hutt was killed so easily and quickly.  I always thought he played a larger role in these movies.
As Luke goes to see Yoda again, I think Yoda is just laying down to go to sleep... turns out he dies!  I don't get how he can be 800 years old, but not make it to 801.
It never crossed my mind that Luke and Leia could be related.. but then again, I'm not sure how well I've been following the stories here.
Ewoks are strange little things, but their babies are fricken ADORABLE!
The end, at the party, it was brought to my attention that in the original movie the ghost of Anakin used to be an older man but was changed when they were making the newer films; my friends didn't seem too happy about this.
I liked this movie; I followed it, it made sense, it ended.

Saturday night we watched The Phantom Menace.  Things from this night are a little blurry... I still have the movie and may watch it again as I got bored, tipsy, and stopped paying attention towards the end.
First let me say that I like Jar Jar Binks - I'd rather have dinner with him than Chewbacca!  Although he is kind of annoying, at least I can understand him and he's a lot better looking ;)
Just before starting to write this I went and read the synopsis to see how much I actually remembered; not a whole lot.  I pretty much stopped follow the story after the podrace.  I picked up on a few things here and there as we continued to watch... but it's all confusing.
There is no point in even talking about any of it... just a big ball of confusion. Although I do know that Anakin has more metaclorines in his blood than Yoda does!!  How's that for impressive?

anyhow, I shall leave you with these final words:
May the Force be with you...

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I've watched them all several times and I still don't understand all the older movies! They DO jump around an awful lot....

Dana said...

I've seen all the movies but my memory for movies is so terrible that it's like watching it all over again. Hey, Chewbacca's my favorite! I think he's cute! :)

BB Live Updates said...

As I have said before... The Ewoks are adorable...love em.

I will also say again... you have much more patience than I to sit through all these .... goodluck finishing up!

Dawn said...

OK....you reminded me that I did see one part of one of the movies. Joe kept telling me that Sammy looks like an Ewok, so I rented the movie to see what an Ewok looks like, and he does!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails