All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

35W Bridge Set to Re-Open

Just over 13 months after the collapse, the 35W Bridge is set to re-open to traffic this Thursday!
It still gives me chills to think about. That bridge had been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Now it will be new and safe - for at least the next 100 years.

Further down in the article you will read about the Victims Memorial which, for those not familiar with the area, will be just a few blocks away from where the bridge stands, at Gold Medal Park. Quite a beautiful location, if you ask me.

The opening is creating quite a stir amongst locals - the fact that it's nothing spectacular in way of design and the lack of panoply over the re-opening. It's understandable, I suppose. I say, let it open and get the city traffic flowing again!

Anyhow- Just wanted to post the update for those not in the area and for those who don't follow the news!

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Its hard to believe how fast it went up!!

Loopy said...

It is hard to beleive the bridge was replaced so fast.

Loopy said...

What goes!!!! This time google didn't even ask for my password!!!!

Ang said...

LOOPS! You shouldn't have had to enter a password at all... that's why I've been asking you for a screen shot... either way, I'm glad you are able to post now :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails