All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

One word to sum it up... UGH!

In exactly one week from right now I will be driving, probably around Kansas City, give or take.  Not what this post is about.

I had to make a few stops tonight on my way home from work.  You see, I am working a half day next Thursday then getting in my car to drive 10+ hours to visit my friend Renee in Springfield, MO.  Because I will have been up since 5am that day, I plan to have a backup of coffee waiting for me on the drive aka I need a Thermos.  Kind of what this post is about.

I make a stop at Walmart, because it's the closest to where my carpool drops me and cheapest store in general.  I find one, it's small and cute (thats what she said), but I decide I need to hit up Target, in hopes they will have a cuter and larger selection.  Ugh, getting off topic.

I also needed (wanted) a few other things so I, already in a small hurry and born without patience, fancy the self checkouts in most all places that have them.  I, generally, don't have to wait in much of a line, I don't have to deal with someone checking out everything I am buying, and I can checkout at my own speed (and I have fully mastered the self checkouts and am sure I could win any award for speed ;) )- convenience is key.  Which, finally, brings me to the point.

I scan and bag my few small items, hit "pay now", swipe my card, sign the pad and wait for my receipt to print.  Nothing comes.  The screen is telling me that 'assistance is required' - so now I have to wait for some slow ass Walmart employee to stop her conversation and notice that I need attention (what else is new, on both accords).  She finally makes her way over, scans her card, punches in a code, and asks to see my card.  All she had to do was check my signature.

Isn't the point of self checkout to be quick, to not need to have that stuff checked, to get in and out... 

I asked if that was the only problem, and she said "Yep, have a nice day!"

may as well have just got in a damn line....

4 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

1 week!!!! Cannot Wait!

Good idea on the thermos! Sorry for your troubles, I too am often frustrated with most everything about all the mega stores that are supposed to be Super convenient, but in reality are everything but. Kinda makes me long for more mom and pop places, where I receive their full attention and the best of service.... ahh... those were the days.
See you in 7 lady!

Anonymous said...

UGH!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I ALWAYS have some kind of problem at the self-checkout. They ned to make them more user friendly!

Anonymous said...

next time just steal it...its even faster than self checkout

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails