All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I LOVE MY NIECE!!

I had to stop by my brothers house Friday afternoon to go over some wedding stuff with him (my cousin, Jeff, got married and much of the family helped out to help the couple save some $$, my brother agreed to emcee).
Jordan was awake and running around like the cute little bug she is... it blows my mind how smart that kid is!!  We were looking through some books and she can point out a ball, a tree, a kitty, a doggie; she can point out and say 'duck'.  It's fricken hilarious!  She loves to say 'Hi' and her smile is enough to melt my soul!

If you say to her "Jordan, what sound does a kitty make?" she replies with the cutest open mouth meow... or at least what she thinks is meow.  My brother was telling me that when he was teaching her to say 'meow' he would start with his head kind of down and as he opened his mouth to make the meow sound he would also lift his head... Jordan does the same thing... in all honesty she looks and sounds like a Lion roaring, only in a whisper.  adorable!
I tried to get a video of her doing it... but as kids will be kids, when she was being taped she didn't preform!

I was able to capture this video; it's pretty self explanatory:



How cute is she? ...seriously!

As we were looking through this book of animals, she pointed out the frog for me... I said to her "Jordan, what sound does a frog make?"  She looked at me, confused, and didn't say a word.  I filled in the blank for her and said "Ribbit, ribbit"  she looked at me and you could just see the gears turning in her little brain... she started to laugh at the sound I was making.  As the day went on I continued to ask the sound of a frog... and when she didn't answer, I would tell her.
She almost blew my socks off as we are sitting on the couch again looking through the animal book (she LOVES animals... and books!) - after getting the cow sound and the cat sound, I ask for the sound a frog makes, she says "ribit" almost clear as day!  My brother and I could not believe it... each time I asked her thereafter, it didn't sound quite as good, but she clearly knew!  How fast she learns!!!

The other thing that I noticed and it fascinated me was how she would dance everytime music came on.  Kids are just born with rhythm... isn't that just a flat out crazy thing?  They just know to move when music is on... I can't wrap my mind around that.

Anyhow... I love my niece, to death!  She is getting so big; here is a picture of her from Friday:

4 comments:

Dawn said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

BB Live Updates said...

She is truly precious! Enjoy her while she is so cute! I really miss all the cute little things they do at this age. It always fascinated me as well to watch them learn and discover things. Love the video!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

She is a doll! Having little nieces is so much fun!

Dana said...

She's very cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails