All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday - Immediate Family

After Last weeks TFT and realizing that not everyone is as lucky as me to have such a wonderful extended family, I thought it would be a good idea to touch on immediate family.  It's something worth talking about, imo.


As some of you know, my parents are divorced; they split up when I was 18.  I had a wonderful childhood, full of love and laughter.  We ate dinners together most all of the time, went fishing together, and had lots of 'family time'.  My parents were happy, my brother and I fought like siblings should and all in all I was happy.  I always told myself I wanted to grow up and have a love like my parents did.

Things change... I love both of my parents and my brother and I get along fabulously.  My dad is remarried, my mom dates, my brother is married with a child... and here I sit in the basement of my mom's house.  It really doesnt bother me though, I have a good life.  The thing I miss the most is the family time that we used to spend together; no more family dinners, no more family outtings, no more put together family.  Wow... that seems really depressing!  I'm not writing this to depress people, I just miss my family. 

I've created a strong bond with my brother and I love my sister-in-law! 

My niece, Jordan, as you may have read in my blog; I love her to death!



I live with my mom, so I see her often enough, though we don't spend quality time together.

My dad... oh my dad.. where to even begin?!  I love my dad; I don't love his situation.  It's hard for me to spend time at his house; I don't see him near as often as I would like.


I don't have 'my own' family as in one that I've started (husband, kids, etc.) - though I do have Boomer:


He is my fat little guy :) That's an old picture and he is probably a bit bigger now... but I think it's a funny picture, so there you have it.

I love my life and my family is a big part of that {extended and immediate}. 


So, Thoughts for Thursday:  Everyone has their own defination of what family is... what is yours?  Who makes up, what you consider to be, your immediate family?  What do you guys do for fun?  How do you spend your 'family time' together?  Do you eat dinners together?

***************************************************************************************************
Other TFT Posts:
Kristi on Little Girls and Make-Up

5 comments:

BB Live Updates said...

You have a beautiful family Ang. Again, you are one lucky lady! I always giggle when I see that pic of Boomer, I would love to meet him one day. I suppose you know my "immediate family", but here goes anyhow. I am married to Phillip and we have 3 amazing kiddos. When we are not all running around like crazed maniacs we greatly value family meals, evenings spent playing board games, and the like. However, it seems as the kids activities pick up and with me in school... that is harder to accomplish. I think family is whatever makes you feel at home, feel loved, and able to love in return. But, that is just me.

Dana said...

My definition of immediate family consists of my mom and dad, (they are still married) sister Jamie, brother in law Tom, and my nephew, Keith. My sister and I have never been super close and I have always wished for that but we get along just fine. We seem to be getting together more as a family as we get older because we truly enjoy each other's company. We have game nights and BBQ's and celebrate our birthday's more with each other. We don't have dinners together but maybe 2 times a year I go over to my parents and eat. I miss home cooked food. I do not cook like my mom and dad do (I barely cook at all)and I love it when I can have it. Now I know why you're cat is named Boomer! :) Oh, I would include my cats too. They are my babies just like kids.

Robyn said...

Your family sounds a little like mine, my parents divorced when I was 20ish. But I'm the married one with a child and my Brother isn't. I see my mom quite a bit which is nice, since we are more like friends now.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

My parents make it a point to have us all up for family dinner at least one night a month (some months it is more frequent). We all get along great and I know I am very lucky :)
I also consider my BFFs to be part of my family.

Lovi said...

Hi Angela, I just found your blog from your facebook page. Just wanted to tell you that I think you have a great voice in your posts- they're so genuine. I'll be following from now on. :-)

That's all for now - have a great day!
Lovi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails