All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.18

Gas is way down!  $2.09 this weekend is the best I've seen yet!
I'd like to mention and remind people who have taken steps to reduce their usage of oil (gas) by either car pooling or riding a bike or whatever... don't stop what you are doing!  "They" say that oil is going down due to demand... They made X number of barrels when demand was high, demand has dropped due to our economy and people taking other measures to get around, so now they have all this oil and people aren't buying it as much as before... enter falling gas prices.   The next step is producing fewer barrels of crude oil and, while it won't necessarily drive prices back up, it will eventually cause them to level out.  I won't complain if gas prices sit around $2.00 for a very long time!  However, if we all start driving more and we forget about the things we've done to help that demand drop...they will have to start making more oil again, causing the prices to jump back up ... to who knows how much!  There is plenty of supply... and as we all learned back in high school... supply and demand drives our economy.  If the demand is less, then the price should drop, right?  So let's stick to our guns and keep car pooling, keep riding the public transit in your area, keep buying cars that are fuel efficient - keep doing your part to keep our gas prices low.

While I'm preaching to you... RECYCLE!  Don't throw your ciggy butts out the car window!  DON'T LITTER!!!

Moving on...
Part of my job description is answering the phones... it's probably my single most favorite part of my job.  I used to work retail; customer service and sales... When I got this office job I was sad that I wasn't going to have that interaction with other people anymore.  I still have it, just over the phone.  I love being the first voice people hear when they call; I can schmooze like no other!  I've receive many compliments on my phone skills and how friendly I am when people call.  :)  makes me happy.

Speaking of talking on the phone... I absolutely hate it!  LOL... kind of contradicts what I just said, huh?  I don't mind it at work because I can pass someone off to whomever they are calling for at any given time.  When I'm talking on my own phone it's just very uncomfortable for me.  It's not like it's awkward or anything.. I can deal with those awkward moments just fine... I just don't like sitting on the phone talking.  I will avoid phone calls and text or email someone before I pick up and give them a call.  I think it's kind of silly of me.

There is a guy at work that drags his feet when he walks.... it has to be one of the most annoying things ever!  Pick up your damn feet when you walk, WTH?!

I went to a haunted house thing on Thursday night (Trail of Terror), I do not at all enjoy those types of things. I hate being scared, I hate things jumping out at me, I just all around do not enjoy those thing.. my heart beats fast enough without it.  Somehow Erin convinced me to go... I figured I should give it another go, since it had been a few years.  It wasn't all that bad except for in the clown house... thought I was going to have a heart attack!  A pitch black trailer + an unexpected clown over Steve's shoulder and all up in my face = heart attack!

So, I went out this weekend for Halloween... The Johnny Holm Band was playing in a tent downtown Anoka.  Anoka being the Halloween capital of the galaxy, we all got dressed up and went out:
(L-R: Rambo, sexy cop lady, pirate wench, breathalyzer, Pregnant gangsta bitch, Dick Tracy)
I don't remember all of the night... but I know I woke up Sunday with a hangover - that usually equals a good time, right?  We went to Bennigans after downtown... attempted to play Big Buck Hunter and I couldn't shoot SHIT!  I may have been extremely wasted....  I have a bunch of pictures posted from that night on both bookface and myspace.

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am just the opposite about scary rides and haunted houses...I love being scared!!! You look like such a sexy pirate, I will have to "interface" to see more pictures!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Oh, and I am exactly the same way about the phone. I try to limit my calls to the bare minimum!!

Dana said...

Yes, I love that the gas prices are going down. It's $20 less a tank for me right now than at the highest point. I do not like the phone either. I rarely answer my phone. My friends know it too so they don't either call that much or just wait for me to call them back. I don't like haunted houses. Actually, I can't say that for sure since I've never really been in one. I don't give it a chance. I don't like Halloween. I know, I know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails