All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baseball - Minnesota Twins - WOO-HOO!

With the huge excitement of opening in a brand new ballpark - The Minnesota Twins could only dream of where the season would take them.


I'm proud to say that I've been to probably a dozen games this season.  The ballpark (Target Field) is absolutely beautiful, stunning, breathtaking... simply amazing.  The first few games I went to were spent looking around - I'm still not even sure if we won or lost those games.  It doesn't matter right now because my hometown team has accomplished so much this week.  On Tuesday night, beating the Cleveland Indians and watching as Oakland destroyed the Southside Chicago White Sox - it was official; we clinched our spot as the Champions of the American League Central division!  How fucking cool is this for Minnesota and the loyal sports fans we have here?!


Currently, as I type this, the Twins are tied (TIED) with the New York Yankees for first place in the entire American League!  This is NOT small apples ladies and gentleman; we lost to the Yankees in the first round of the playoffs last year.  It was a sad day.  We are now playing our butts of to try and secure home field advantage (which doesn't have the same ring as Dome field advantage, but it'll do).


The season has had it's ups and downs for sure - the signing of Joe Mauer for the next 8 years was a huge high for me!  The knee Morneau took to the head, essentially causing a concussion and ending his season was a huge blow to our team - but everyone stepped up and did their part to get us where we need to be.


Our players are real, they are down to Earth, and they are good at what they do.  The don't walk around cocky like the gay-rods and jeters of the world.. they're hometown boys who want to win and have fun doing it.  It's electrifying to enter Target Field and feel the energy.  


I have tickets to the last regular season home game AND apparently Steve has playoff tickets.  I have my 2010 homer hanky (thanks to my wonderful boyfriend and his downtown Minneapolis office) and I'm ready to use it:




If this season takes us no where, we can all say it's been a beautiful, fun, and simply amazing run this year - but something tells me this 2010 baseball season has a lot more in store for the Minnesota Twins.


Can you imagine the celebrations yet to come?


So come on everybody - if you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon, now is the time!



We're gonna win, Twins
We're gonna score
We're gonna win, Twins
Watch that baseball soar.
Crack out a home run
Shout a hip-hooray
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!


These are the moments that 'The Pursuit of Happiness' in my blog title is so apparent.
God, it's an exciting time to be a Twins fan!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

GO TWINS!!! We're Gonna Win Twins, we're gonna score!!!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Seriously this post has given me chills! Go Twins!!

Dawn said...

Love you and all....but you KNOW I"m a Yankees fan. :-)

Dana said...

Yay Twins!! We've had a great year with a new stadium and the great baseball that's been played in it. Playoff baseball (and hopefully World Series) should be awesome there! I just wish the Yankees didn't exist.

Kell said...

How fun!! I remember when my Padres got their own ballpark..instead of having to share the football stadium with the Chargers. LOVE baseball and love going to games at the new Petco park!!

Sara Strand said...

I know nothing about baseball. But I so desperately want to go to a Twins game just to save I've done it. AND I want to see the field. When Krysten and I were at the Target Center for Lilith Fair we saw it all lit up at night- absolutely beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails