All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

What Would You Do With a Brain if You Had One?

So we went to see Wicked last night and, just like the first time, I was blown away.  Tears in my eyes, chills up my spine... all over tingling.  I don't want to ruin the story for those who want to see or read it, so I won't talk about it, other than saying I had a wonderful night.
The group of us who went:


This morning, as I type, I am watching The Wizard of Oz... see, Wicked really changes how to view the rest of the story; I wanted to watch while it was still fresh in my head.  As I sit here watching this movie, not only do I find myself picking up on new things that I never understood as a child, but I'm also remembering all sorts of things from my childhood.
I remember this movie used to be on TV once a year and it was a huge event, at my house anyhow.  We would all sit down and watch it together.  I, like all little girls, loved the Ruby Slippers.  I went to Washington DC a couple years ago and was able to see one of the actual pairs of Ruby Slippers Judy Garland wore in the filming of the movie.  That was such a treat for me :)
I loved singing along to all the songs (still do), especially the beginning lines when Lion sings... If I were King of the Forrrrreeeeeesssttt... Follow the Yellow Brick Road, We're Off to See The Wizard... I love them all.

I have always loved the scene when Dorothy walks out of her house and everything is in color, the poppies, the Horse of a different color - such vivid colors throughout the entire movie!  I just absolutely love watching this movie and really could never get sick of it.  I always get tears in my eyes at the end when she must say good-bye to everyone :(

Watching it now... after seeing Wicked, I still love all this stuff, but I know a lot more about whats going on than I did before.  Just makes me feel so good inside watching it!

Remember... There's No Place Like Home.

3 comments:

Loopy said...

What would I do if I had a brain..... I wouldn't have left my bank card in the ATM like I did yesterday.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I remember watching Wizard of Oz every year when it played on TV...it must've been a holiday because I always seemed to be at my grandparents' house when it was on. I own the DVD but haven't watched it in a while. Glad you liked the musical! My brother Jeff went and saw it last week too, haven't heard his review yet.

Lovi said...

Have you heard that theory about Wizard of Oz being an allegory for The New Deal? I heard about it during a class in college and was totally surprised because I had no idea. Check it out:

http://www.otal.umd.edu/~vg/msf95/ms18/emerald.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails