All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The City Across The River...

I'm a week behind on what I've been doing, but with the gloomy weather we are having this weekend, I thought it was appropriate to recap last weekend when it was beautiful outside (plus I just took pictures off my camera).
The main highlights happened Saturday.  We planned to go to St. Paul for the Duluth vs St. Cloud State Hockey game.  Jeff suggested we go over earlier and get some lunch and check out the city.  It was amazing weather!  Having grown up in Minneapolis, St. Paul was never really a city I ever understood.  It's confusing, boring, and not home to me (no offense to anyone who lives there).  I felt like a tourist.

First of all we went to Cossetta's for lunch; I had been there before and thought it was fantastic, so I suggested we eat there.  We all ate too much!  Afterwards walking was a must... we walked across the street to buy tickets to the game, which was set to begin at 4pm.
None of us knowing where we were going, we just started to walk.  We eventually found ourselves at I-94 with the Capital in sight.  I had never been inside the Capital, so we keep walking with that being our goal.  We finally make it:
What a beautiful site; inside and out!  We walked around the entire building and went into every room we were allowed to.  
   
We, unfortunately, made our way into the basement and found a portrait of Jesse Ventura (Steve and Jeff got way too excited):
Moving on... we decide to walk to the St. Paul Cathedral :
Walking inside kind of took my breath away... what a beautiful place!  I felt it was inappropriate taking pictures inside, not to mention my camera doesn't do justice to how amazing it is.  Here is one though:
It was time to walk back to the Excel for the game, we make it with enough time to stop for a shot and a beer.  Once inside the Excel we had to go in search of a jersey for Jeff, as we were walking some lady stopped Steve, who was wearing a St. Cloud State jersey, and asked if he wanted to ride on the Zamboni!!  He said no... JUST KIDDING (we got to hear about it the entire rest of the weekend)!  We got to go down by the ice and it was all pretty exciting... 
(It was dark and my camera sucks, so the quality of that picture blows... sorry.)
Anyhow it was a pretty sweet afternoon is St. Paul.  We went to Majors in Blaine that night, for a Halloween party.. you've already seen my costume so I'm not going to post any pictures.  I will tell you that I dressed up in that damn costume 3 different nights over 2 weekends.  I never want to wear it again!
A few other highlights from my weekend:
Friday (Halloween), I got to babysit my niece for a few hours, and see her dressed up as a cute little ladybug:
Friday night I dressed up and went NE to the annual 'Pauloween' party... here is a picture of me and Mark, who was dressed up as G.I. Joe:
Thats about all I've got today.  I'm hoping to post again tomorrow as I have a girls dinner tonight and it's a sleep over :) so I'm sure I'll have a few shots to share.

3 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Looks like a fun walk in beautiful St Paul!
Your costume is super cute and your boobs are super ridiculous!! LOL

Dana said...

I'm glad you got to experience St. Paul a bit. I grew up on this side of the cities and I do love St. Paul. (I loved Mpls too when I lived there) I live only 5 miles north of downtown St. Paul.

BB Live Updates said...

Okay, your boobs are super Ridiculous!! and... I may be super jealous... lol.

Other than that those buildings look beautiful! Sounds like you all had a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails