All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Auricular Treatment: Part Two

At this point I'm going to start out by telling you what Auricular Treatment is; basically it's acupuncture without the insertion of a needle.  It's alternative medicine's belief that the ear is a microsystem with the entire body.
The type I am talking about today is Electroacupunture.  

When I walked into the Chiropractor on that Friday I had no idea what to expect.  All Chiropractors do things differently and at that point I just needed relief, no matter how it came to me.  

First he took me into the exam room and tested a few things (reflexes, blood pressure, spots of pain, etc.) as per normal.  He did some manual adjusting, he did some adjusting using an activator and I was still feeling the pain.  
Finally he took me into a different room and said he wanted to try something on me, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what he was calling it; "Auricular Treatment, it's like acupuncture without the needle".  We go into this room and he has me hold a little metal rod that is hooked to a machine with a few frequency needles on it and another device coming out of it that he is going to use.  

So I'm a little freaked out.  I have never been a believer in alternative medicine, though some would argue that just seeing a Chiropractor is a form of alternative medicine.  
I give in and try to relax.

He takes his device, which looks similar to a needle, and starts running it around on my ear as he is looking at a diagram of an ear.  The frequency needles are jumping all around and when it reaches a certain point he stops and concentrates on that spot.  Every time he does this he asks if I still feel the pain.  I did.  He keeps going.  
After about 5-7 minutes of this, he says sometimes it can take awhile to make a difference.  He sends me off with his home phone number and tells me he does not want me driving home if I'm still in pain and to call him if it's not better by the next day.  I'd like to stop and  point out that he was willing to come in on his day off, a weekend, and try to fix me!  

As I go about my day I feel the pain of the pinched nerve slowly going away.  Amazing!  Throughout the entire weekend I felt great!  Mission accomplished.  

Now, being almost 3 weeks later, I have not had ANY back pain at all!!!  I am absolutely baffled by this.  I can still crack my back if and when I start to feel a little bit uncomfortable, but the pain doesn't come back!  I was living in pain for 7 years; everyday, same old annoying back pains... 5 minutes with a needle up to my ear and I'm cured?  I'm a believer!

After further researching this process, I've come to discover that people use it as a way to quit smoking, diet, fix hormonal problems and all sorts of other stuff; not just pain relief!  As I mentioned above, I've never been a believer in alternative forms of medicine and I don't know that I believe it can help you quit smoking - but if you have pain, if you have tried a million things and want to try something new, I would suggest finding someone who does this and see if they can help.  I'm absolutely blown away (and pain free)!!

I do have information on a person to call and I do plan to contact them.. I'm hoping to find someone around here that does it, I've got a million little things I could want to fix (Hey, if you find something that works, stick with it right?).  If you are looking and interested, let me know.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

It didn't help me quit smoking. That was what I went and had done in St. Louis a while ago...and I was smoking 3 days later. The fact that I didn't smoke for 3 days was simply that I really did want to quit, but didn't have anything to do with the treatment, imo.

Glad it worked for you and you're pain free though!!!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

The treatment sounds pretty cool of it works! I did a TFT on alternative medicine earlier this year
http://www.sweetsauer.com/kristis_bliggitty_blog/2008/01/thoughts-for-th.html

Anonymous said...

I'll be looking into this!!! I've tried just about everything else myself. Glad it worked for you.

BB Live Updates said...

I am thrilled that whatever he did worked for ya! I say instead of finding someone local there, you just journey down here to Willard for treatments... hee hee. After all, our docs are willing to give out their home numbers, and come in on demand for their patients.... just a thought. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails