All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, November 3, 2008

The 'F' in Football

Football, Vikings specifically.  We have a 4-4 record so far, with 8 more games to go in the regular season.  I feel empty!  I generally NEVER miss a Vikings game and follow the team daily.  Let me give you a recap of my watching history this season:

  • Week One: Viking @ Packers - a Monday night game, we go to B-dubs to watch, an interesting night to say the least.  We end up losing and because I'm at the bar I don't pay as much attention as I normally would.
  • Week Two: Vikings vs. Colts - I don't have a clue what I did for this game, but I know we lost and that sucked.
  • Week Three: Vikings vs. Panthers - I went to this game.  I drank WAY too much.. so I remember almost none of it.  This was the game we benched TJack; we won bringing our record up to 1-2.
  • Week Four: Vikings @ Titans - I watched this game at home.  This was the game I first found serious hatred in my body for our coach, Chilly.  I wasn't the happiest person after our coach decided to punt with less than 2 minutes left in the game.
  • Week Five: Vikings @ Saints - The second of our Monday night games this year... we won.  I had a class that night so I missed the first half of the game and barely watched the rest when I got home.  We returned a blocked field goal for a touchdown and we had Chester Taylor throw a TD pass; all was okay in the world that night.
  • Week Six: Vikings vs. Lions - I went to this game.  We tailgated before hand.. I had been having a rough week and I didn't get good sleep the night before, so drinking hit me right away.  In all honesty, I don't remember much of this game either; I do know I had fun!  This was the game where the entire crowd started chanting "FIRE CHILLY"... and he laughed it off.
  • Week Seven: Vikings @ Bears - I was in Missouri for this game and at first I fought with the idea of spending the day away from a TV, I gave in as I wasn't impressed with the team and figured missing a game wasn't the end of the world.  I had people texting me all day updating me with scores and whatnot.  I went into a cave and came out to find out we lost.  I'm glad I didn't watch.
  • Week Eight: Vikings Bye Week
  • Week Nine: Vikings vs. Texans - This was yesterday.  I was golfing.  I went into the weekend and woke up Sunday morning knowing I had no interest in watching the game.  I actually planned to NOT watch the game.  We won bringing us up to 4-4.
Which brings us to today; Monday, November 3rd, 2008, and I've missed more football than I've watched... back to my emptiness.  Sounds silly, but I'm not a fair-weather fan and I never have been.  I have never given up on a team, especially this early in the season.  I was on board with TJack and thought he was going to do something good for us; I still have faith in him.  It's hard to support a team and disagree with the coaching.  While I'm not hopeful for a Super Bowl appearance, I am going to become a loyal fan again, starting Sunday when we play the Packers (who dominated us back in Week One).  I have a couple rough weekends coming up and it may not allow me to watch, but I'm going to do my best!

SKOL VIKINGS!

4 comments:

Dana said...

I don't blame you for not watching religiously. It's hard to watch sometimes and when we end up losing, it's hard not think you just wasted 3 hours of your time that you'll never get back. It's hard to watch when you don't agree with the coaching and the decisions being made and the QB situation we have. It's pretty much always been frustrating being a Vikings fan. I don't know if we're stupid or just loyal. It's just so painful at times!

Anonymous said...

Terbear was here lol!

Love to ya!

Lynne said...

I can't tell you how much I empathize with you sweetie. Chargers are 3-5 right now, and if we weren't just one game out of first, due to the worst division ever, I would have given up awhile ago. But you have to keep the faith and in our case, we really should be atleast 4-4 but a bad call took one game away from us. We got a break this weekend coz we had a bye and I never thought I would love that as much as I did.
Keep your chin up and I will try to do the same.

Robyn said...

I used to watch all day Sunday, I even have 2 fantasy teams and it is all I can do to watch the first half of any game.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails