All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Excited for the weekend!

I'm so stoked for this upcoming weekend.  Starting tonight; I'm going to see Wicked!!!!  Back when tickets went on sale I bought 8 of them, with the intent to bring my mother and sell the other tickets on eBay (hoping to profit, of course).  Since then, my mom has asked 2 of her friends to join, I've asked Pam and Nick to join, and the other week offered the last 2 tickets to my aunt Jayne and cousin Shannon.  We have dinner reservations at Manhattans, right across the street from The Orpheum.  I'm so excited!
I went to see Wicked once in Chicago; I absolutely loved it!  The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie and has been since I was a kid.  In short, for those who don't follow links, Wicked is the story of the Witches of Oz, before Dorothy landed there.  It shows them growing up and in school.  I've been trying to read the book for a long time but I find myself getting stuck in the same spot over and over.  I recently discovered a few people in the same situation as me, getting stuck in the same spot.
Either way, I can't wait!

Saturday, I have a day planned full of knitting!  The group of ladies I took my knitting class with last January and I try to get together once a month or so, for a few hours one night.  This month we are making it more of a day.  We will have many hours to knit and I'm anxious.  I've been trying to knit a blanket for my niece for MONTHS... literally months.  I wanted to have it finished for her birthday in July, but failed.  I'm no further now than I was then.  I'm hoping to put in a few hours on that, but I do have a new project... My friend Joey, who lives in St. Louis, asked me to knit him a hat.  I made myself a hat last year (I think I have pics on both FB and MS), so I thought I should try another one.  I'm going to add a few things and use different colors to make it better for a boy and add my own personal touch.  If all goes well, I can finish that on Saturday!  I'm excited to start something new... the blanket is a very boring pattern, but will look neat in the end (I'll get pics up soon of what I have so far).

Then on Sunday I am hoping to overcome the small 'bump in the road' in going up to my dads.  I'll be going up early so we can watch the game and then have dinner with enough time to make it home at a decent hour.

I'm sure I'll have pics and lots to say about this weekend, so be expecting that soon!  Yay for me... fun weekends are dope!

Also, I wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine from High School, Lovi .  She is new to the blogging world, so give her a read and show her some love!

6 comments:

Lovi said...

I've heard so much good stuff about Wicked! Can't wait to hear how it is. Have fun! :-)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Hope you enjoy the musical! I read Wicked 3-4 years ago....it was good up until the end, then it got too political for me

Anonymous said...

The Wizard of Oz is the creepiest movie ever!

Dawn said...

Love The Wizard of Oz myself. Enjoy the show...and the rest of your weekend. Sounds PACKED full of stuff to do.

Loopy said...

You deserve a great weekend and I'm happy for you.

Loopy said...

Yay! my comment made it through.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails