It's not deep or meaningful ... simple, but guilty, pleasures in life.
Last night, as I was sitting on my couch enjoying the American Idol auditions with a friend [who is fully against watching the show], I was so excited that this time of year was upon us.
The auditions are the best part of the show, rightfully so too, they edit them just for people like me. I've watched one full season of AI because there was a hot chick on there that I wanted to continue to watch; it pretty much sucked.
I know deep down that when I tell people that I've watched or that I'm going to watch, I should be embarrassed... but its my guilty pleasure. It's been on 2 nights so far and they have 6 more cities to visit; 8 nights of 2 hours of guilty pleasure in 1 year, I'm not doing so bad.
It also got me thinking... what else do I consider to be a guilty pleasure of mine?
- Friday - I never work on Fridays, most people would use a day off to get things done... and sometimes I do, but most of the time I treat it as what it is; a day off. I use my day to do absolutely nothing, I watch TV, I take naps, I make myself good coffee and good breakfast, I cuddle with my cat... I do all the things I want; it's my day.
- Comfy pajama pants - I own way too many pairs of comfy pants, one pair has Tinkerbell on them, but they are so soft! I will go into a clothing store and not buy anything but a pair of comfy pajama pants. Generally when I get home from work, I change into them right away.
- Chocolate - ever since I started drinking coffee I've learn to enjoy a piece of chocolate every now and again. You may be surprised to know that I'm not a fan of sweets [give me salt any day though], but I've learned that chocolate and coffee are such a great combination together; I now keep a jar of chocolate on my desk at work to enjoy a piece anytime I want.
- Sushi - it should be no surprise to you at this point that I love the stuff; it's not cheap. I try to treat myself to a dinner of it once every couple months. I have no qualms with going to a sushi dinner alone, sometimes I prefer it alone, which brings me to my next guilty pleasure...
- Alone time - I take full advantage of my alone time. I never feel guilty because I'm being lazy, I don't care if I have nothing to do... every person would be a lot happier if they spent some time alone. I highly recommend finding the time for yourself; stop trying to please people, it's okay to say no to plans. Find time for you!
So, Thoughts for Thursday... What is your guilty pleasure? Do you have more than one? If you have none, why don't you? It can be anything you want, from trashy romance novels to TV shows, from food to movies, from music to alcohol, from video games to silly things you do... anything!