All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano - Maple Grove, MN


Yesterday was my first trip to Biaggi's and I truly enjoyed it! Sunday evening, so it wasn't extremely packed. We were greeted by about 7 greeters and taken to a cozy little booth right away. Our server came over right away and got us started by mixing their delicious herb infused olive oil with fresh cracked pepper and Parmesan cheese for dipping our bread. She seemed to rush through the specials of the day and completely lost me in the middle, I generally tend to forgive servers who have to say those lines so many times a day... especially since it was on paper right in front of us. We ordered the Carpaccio to start and it was delicious, though I thought it could have had a bit less cracked pepper on it being that you have your own pepper cracker at the table. I personally am not a huge fan of pepper in great quantity, you may be different. I ordered the Shrimp Oreganata, which is lightly breaded shrimp with pasta in a red sauce. I thought it was absolutely delicious. The shrimp was cooked to perfection, not too much breading, and great flavor. The pasta was simple, the sauce was very good and complimented the dish perfectly. In my opinion, a great value for the price. I especially liked how when I placed my order our server got excited and told me that was her favorite dish! My companion ordered the Chilean Sea Bass, which is served atop garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach in a roasted red pepper sauce. All looked wonderful and I was able to get a nice little bite of fish and it was really tasty and tender, just like fish should be! I ordered us each a glass of wine that I thought would go well with our meals and they absolutely did. They have a nice selection of wine by the glass and some nice bottles as well. I thought, overall, that this was a great place and I will be back to try one of the many other things on the menu that caught my eye!
Pros: great service, delicious food
Cons: none

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails