All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random - v.10.1

Welcome to the first 2010 installment of my random thoughts!  Good thing it dawned on me before I posted.  Generally before I post a random blog I go into my list of posts and find the next number... upon doing that this morning, I realized Hey... it's a new year, 2010 {said Twenty Ten, not Two Thousand Ten}, time to start a new random number series!  For whatever reason, this is extremely exciting to me.  I've always been told that my random blogs are the favorites of many... not sure why; they can be pretty stupid at time.  Either way, the numbering system is fun for me.

Moving right along...

Over the holiday season (I use the word 'holiday' because I speak of Christmas AND New Years) I spent a lot of time attending parties.  I swear the older I get, the more appearances I have to make!  I'm far from complaining about this :)  The true benefit of this is I get to try a bunch of delicious food that I may have gone my entire life without eating!  The biggest discovery of the year, you ask?  Strawberries covered in Almond Bark - OMG!  Steve's mother made them for Christmas and I swear I ate 20, we {all}went through the plate  so fast, his brother had to go out and buy more strawberries!  Then on New Years Day, she made them again... I tried to restrain myself that day, probably only 15 ;)
If there were a Facebook Fan Page for them... I'd be a fan for sure!

The other day, Steve and I joined a new gym (YAY us!) - I have a feeling I'm going to be starting some sort of Tales from the Ladies Locker Room series on my blog.  The last gym I belonged to had individual changing rooms, so I haven't experienced a locker room for quite some time... and I forgot how amazingly ripe they are with stories.  It's hard not to stare!  Stayed tuned for more on this ad it develops...

I mentioned on my Facebook status the other day that I've been seeing a lot of negative statuses from people {Krysten, you are excused from this paragraph as you have a right to be negative right now ;)}... what's up with that?!  It's a new year, time for positivity... time for new beginnings... time for a friend clean-up?

On the negativity note, I have a small rant:  How do we determine if our lives are more important than someone else's?  We don't, right?  We just assume our lives are more important.  I'm quite frustrated with people contacting me about a certain event (or whatever it may be), looking for a commitment from me but not returning the favor when it's me looking for that commitment.  I understand and try to respect that fact that people have lives, busy ones at that, but to not reply or say 'maybe' because something better may come up?!  Seriously?!  Tell me no if you're not interested, it's not going to hurt my feelings.  2010 is going to be the year that I change how I view these situations, in the past I've held back from planning or waited on people (and maybe nagged them at times), no more!  My life moves on, period.  I'd like to tell myself it's just because I'm a woman and I need to plan things, but it's both women and men who do this.

...until we meet again...

4 comments:

xoxoKrysten said...

Oh I just LOVE being excused ;-) But still... negative thinking leads nowhere, right? So from now on if you see ME saying something negative you have every right to "yell" at me, hehe.

I know how you feel about people saying "maybe" to events. We have people that do that all the time to us and it's frustrating. And then when you stop inviting them they get mad at you and want to know why! Ya can't win.

AND congrats on the gym thing. I'm starting the 30 day shred today and I've heard it's a butt kicker...

Dana said...

I love your random posts. I also say Twenty-Ten and I think you have the right attitude to start the new year! I weeded out the people in my life that were drama in some way and don't regret it. Refine your life to make the best and easiest as possible! Hope to see you sometime this year!

Heidi said...

Tales from the Ladies Locker Room sound interesting. I really need to start working out. As for planning things around everyone, I just wouldn't try. It's too hard.
I hope that your 2010 is a great year!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Strawberries with almond bark sounds amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails