All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Hawaii 2011: Deciding to do it

So, if you checked out my 2009 Photo Review you may remember me saying that I need to get better about taking pictures... well, so far I've failed.  First of all, if you haven't checked it out yet, do it now, because, as it turns out... 2009 was simply amazing - rarely do I go back and look at my own posts, but for some reason I find myself looking at that one over and over.  Second of all... if you have looked at it, you should probably go look again, 'cause it's awesome!  Pretty sure 2010 is off to a great start as well, with no pictures to prove it, but I do have a huge poof on the top of my head today that I may need to take a picture of.

My 2010 has consisted of research... travel research.  Steve and I had talked about going to Twins Spring Training down in Florida, I looked into New York some, I looked into South Padre Island... tons and tons of price shopping, date shopping, etc.  Then it hit me.  Why not save some cash and do a real vacation?!  So I asked Steve... What if we skip the Spring vaca, do our camping thing in the summer, and hold off on talking about anything for the fall and book a trip to Hawaii for next winter?!  I was pretty serious about the idea when I suggested it, but I kind of thought he would reply with something like yeah, okay.. whatever you say and not really be down for it.  You see, I tend to be a dreamer and, over the past several years, have developed severe wanderlust.  I feel like I need to travel at least twice a year even if my budget doesn't allow for it.  So when Steve inquired about my travel habits and asked if I'd be able to wait, I thought Oh crap... maybe he really would do this?!  I explained to him that I felt there would be enough going on to hold me over and having thoughts of Hawaii would hopefully make it easier.  He finally said that he thought Hawaii would be a blast and that he's game for it!

I've asked him probably 20 times since then if he is serious about it, each time he has said yes... so I'm pretty sure we'll be going to Hawaii next winter!!

Now we have a year or so to save money, research EVERYTHING, find travel deals, talk to people... and just get everything in order to make the long flight to the Islands!  So far (and it's only been a few days since this was decided) I've thought about it, first thing, when I wake up in the morning and throughout the days.  I'm absolutely overjoyed by this... I CANNOT wait, but I have to.  I'm finally sharing it with you, my loyal readers!  I'll keep you updated as plans are made and as it goes along, cause hell, I'm going to need to talk about this ALOT over the next year!

So YAY!  I'm going to Hawaii :)

...until we meet again...

7 comments:

xoxoKrysten said...

Oh my gosh, that is FANTASTIC! And I'm maybe a teensy tiny itty bitty bit jealous of you.

If you'd like, I could chat with my folks about Hawaii. They've been there a few times and my dad's the type to do TONS of research and find good deals. Let me know!

Lynne said...

that sounds fantastic!! Hawaii is my favorite place in the entire world, and sitting on the beach watching the sunset with someone you love,it doesnt get any better.
If you have any interest in Maui, I could give you lots of info, but you can't go wrong with any of the islands.
Great place to get married btw.

Dana said...

Very exciting for you. M says he wants to get married in Hawaii but I don't have to worry about that until he actually proposes. :)

I have never actually booked anything on this site but I have peeked around on it for probably 8 years or so. It might assist you in your vacation. Be careful to read about all taxes and fees.
www.skyauction.com

Ang said...

@Krysten - I would Love any info... we aren't going until next year this time, so it's too early to book, but I love websites and resources nonetheless!

@Lynne - it looks like Maui is the place to be and where we will likely be staying, so email me anything you've got!!

@Dana - I JUST found out about that site... done some peaking around on it, could be quite useful - Thanks :)

Lovi said...

You will have the BEST time! Going to Europe with Paul for 3 weeks were some of the best days of my life, but I don't reminice about it the way I do Hawaii. I LOVED IT THERE! I'm sure you two will have a blast!

Denise H. said...

We are going to Hawaii in November so I will be able to give you some pointers. It's been a dream of mine for so long as does it seems a dream of yours as well.

So Excited you get to go!!! Can you just imagine the pictures we can take in Hawaii?

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii, especially to get married. Hopefully someday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails