All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Relive a Vacation - Mexico


It seems I've been reminded of Mexico a lot as of late, with the most recent being a friends status on Facebook stating that she was in Playa Del Carmen. It is so fitting that Plinky has asked me to relive a vacation on this day.


As sad as it is, I'm often brought back to Mexico just by the sewer smell in Downtown Minneapolis.


I've been to Mexico a handful of times; Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, and Playa Del Carmen.


Playa was one of my favorite trips because of my age and the fact that I was with my mom, brother, and best girlfriend, Amanda. I think there is no better way to travel to Mexico than to book an all-inclusive hotel. This means your meals and drinks are included in the cost; granted things have changed and this may not be the best option anymore.


Back in 2001 the four of us made the trip down for what turned out to be one of the best vacations of my life. There is nothing better than a white sandy beach with a fruity cocktail in your hand, nothing. We found a cocktail called a Banana Mama – which I assume to be just like a Bahama Mama with Banana, I’m not sure and I’ve never found a bartender in the States who knows what it is. They were a blended drink, which was great for the heat and they were easy to drink, which was great for us underage [in the States] girls.


We sat on the beach or around the pool by day and hit up about every club by night, we [Amanda and I] followed the cutest boys everywhere, and we participated in just about everything they had going on every chance we got. There was volleyball in the pool, water aerobics, shot contests, etc. every day and some sort of super fun show at night which always ended with them calling everyone up onto the stage to the tune of Follow The Leader by The Soca Boys. We even got my mom up on stage a few of the nights we were there! Our trips to the Mermaid in Mounds View afterwards often found us requesting the song and doing the dance we learned!


The three of us took a trip up to Cancun one night, which consisted of an hour long bus ride, one way. We hit up Senior Frogs for a good part of the night and ended up hooking up with a guy I knew from back in Minneapolis, that was a good time… and we all got pretty wasted; I don’t remember much of that night.


Back in 2001 my extra-circular activities were that of any person my age that grew up in the city… if you follow. I remember one night we ended up hanging out with a few siblings we met and doing some illegal [in the States] stuff. If you ever hear my friend Amanda use the line Hey Ang, are my eyes transparent? you now know that line came from that night.  Here is a picture from that night:

I honestly could go on for hours about the things I remember [and things I don’t] from that trip.


I can just close my eyes and go back...

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Awesome! I love Mexico, been there 20 times :)
I signed up for Plinky yesterday but never got an e-mail with the prompt today?? It would be cool to recap my 2005 trip to Cancun, I went about a week or two before I started this blog and I think my blogiversary is this week

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails