All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Blogger Meetup 10/5/11

I feel so amazing that I blog in real time (Kristi and Dana, you should try it sometime!!!  kidding, mostly ;) )

So last night was the little get together that, I guess, I planned?  I don't know - Krysten gave me credit for it in one of her posts and it caught me off guard, but whatever - I'll take credit for amazing ideas!  word.

So we met at Axel's Bonfire in St. Paul - I got there early as I went right from work, so I bellied up to the bar and ordered myself a perfectly dirty martini.  Next in rolls Kristi and Kim - now, I've known Kristi since before I started my blog but not like since childhood or anything and we've never been like BFFs where we hang out all the time. ANWAYS- Kim was the only new face of this meetup to me.. and I was SO interested in what she'd be like and, at first, I was kind of surprised by just seeing her.  I felt like I kept staring at her and I even apologized to her in case I was... she just looked so different to me than she does on her blog.  Until I found out she 'airbrushes' herself... which made me chuckle a little bit.  Sorry if that was supposed to be a secret Kim!
Krysten arrived next and bellied up with us and we were all able to get a little bit of chit-chat in before Dana arrived and we went to our table.

Forewarning: All these pictures are from Kristi given to me with permission to use them - I did not steal them because (most of the time) stealing is wrong; there was NOTHING Photoshop and/or I could do to make me look less white than I actually am without making everyone else look shades of Yellow.  I'm not a ghost, don't be scared, I won't hurt you.

All the lefties on one side:
Kristi and Kim on the other:

At one point when Kristi was adjusting her camera settings she wasn't focusing on any of us in particular, just  aiming off into space... well... I always see this as an opportunity to share my beautiful white face - in an unsuspecting manner.  So this morning as Kristi was emailing me photos she showed me this one and pointed out that she didn't even notice last night - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
again with the wide open mouth - I've got to stop that!

Group shot after dinner:


Not a whole lot else to say other than Kim is a lot sassier than I expected!  Always a good thing in my book ;)

If you want to see pictures of our food and read a review of the place, keep checking out Kristi's Restaurant Review blog: Twin Cities Restaurant Blog.  She's usually a bit behind on her reviews, but there are plenty of other restaurants to read up on in the mean time; what are you waiting for, go look!

In all it was quite a lovely time - I would have loved to stay a bit longer and chit-chat, but ... well... I don't know why we left right away!  I seriously can't wait to do it again!

Afterwards, I get to the block my car is on and I see a car with a ticket on it and think that sucks, hope I don't have one... then I see this little red sticker on ALL the other cars that are parked there, like a permit type sticker, so I'm thinking that it's probably a sticker allowing them to park on this street and well, I knew I didn't have one... I get to my car and low and behold... BIG FAT TICKET.  I was instantly pissed off... I looked up at the sign and read the times for NO PARKING and I was fine, I wasn't parked there during those times, until I realized that the hours listed were from 10am (maybe it was 11am) to 2am... so you know, that's like ALL DAY LONG.  I couldn't clearly see the AM/PM part of it, and I think I just assumed it was 10pm-2am (bar hours)... either way it sucked.  I was fully prepared to fight it until I saw those times and almost punched myself in the face for being so stupid.  Now I have to wait 3 days to even find out how much it is.. yes, that's right, they give you a ticket but don't tell you what the fine is.  Stupid.
This morning when I got on Facebook, I found out that Kristi and Dana also got parking tickets on the street.  I wonder if they read the times wrong too or if it wasn't even posted for them.

All photos taken by and/or copyright Kristi Sauer - don't steal this stuff people, it's just plain WRONG!

7 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That still blows about your parking ticket and the fact that Dana and Kristi got one too =-( What a way to ruin an awesome night!

We definitely need to plan more get togethers like this, it was so fun and a great group!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

It was a great night other than 3 effin parking tickets!! Haha about blogging real-time... I used to be like that and now I am obviously 2-3 weeks behind. Oh well. I will get this review done this weekend.
So nice to finally meet Krysten and of course hand with you, Dana and Kimmy. I think its funny and awesome that Kim was not at all what you expected, she is definitely sassy and more beautiful in person! lol

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Oh, and thanks for the photo credit. No big deal..mis amigas can use my photos anytime. Its just when some unknown asshole across the country steals my entire blog for profit without permission that I get my undies in a bundle. I showed him!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll look lovely!!

Wish I could have been there, but... you know. :P

Dana said...

I had a blast...except for the parking ticket of course! Our sign for no parking said between 2-7 am I think BUT there was tiny little words on the bottom about permit parking in parking area 9 or some shit like that. I'm definitely up for another get together soon! I love the group photo and holy....my boobs are busting out of my shirt in the first pic! And I think I have the smallest of the lefties! LOL! :)

Kim Airhart said...

Thanks for spilling the beans on my airbrushing secret. Now I am wondering if I am not that attractive in person. Sad.

It was great to meet you.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Kimmy... I don't think Ang meant that to be an insult! You are much more beautiful in person which must be why she kept looking at you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails