All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Random - v10.2

My biggest accomplishment in the month of February is getting my mom straight up addicted to Weeds!  Since I'm such a huge fan, you must imagine I have every season on DVD... so I told her about the show and said Here, take the first season, watch a few episodes... if you don't like it, don't watch any more.  So her and her bf took the first season and have since come back for the second season. :)  Score one for me!  She even called me one night to ask me questions about it!  I love that.  LOL - it was almost too easy.

So, today is Thursday.  Happy Thirsty Thursday - go drink something, please!  I've found that Thursday's generally bring a fantastic mood with them... I figure it has to be because I work M-Th and the next step is a 3 day weekend.  every week.  That would put anyone in a good mood, right?  Go ahead, be jealous.

So, as I may have mentioned... Steve and I are planning a trip to Hawaii next winter.  I've got a good plan for saving, and I think it's going to work.  I'm so excited!  This means no more new lenses for the camera, and not a ton of fun in the next years time.  I've done my taxes for 2009 and once that money is deposited into my bank account, it's getting transfered right into savings.  Plus I have automatic transfers set up into both of my savings accounts with every paycheck, so that I never even see the money.  Plus I have next years tax returns that will hopefully just go with my to Hawaii as spending money.  Have I mentioned that I'm excited?
The biggest downfall of waiting until next winter for this trip is that we really can only look at things now, nothing is booked and nothing will be booked for several months yet.  I just want a date to look forward to.  The nice thing is... I have the money for the trip right now, in savings, so I can book anytime and just pay my savings back.

Lastly... a quick little note about something else exciting!  I may have mentioned that my brother and SIL are expecting again, in April, but they live in a little 2 bedroom townhouse and with another baby on the way, they are quickly running out of room... Well... they put an offer in on a house and it was accepted!  So now they'll have their own home, 4 bedrooms, plus a yard for the dog.  I'm so happy and excited for them - I can't wait! They'll be all moved in before the baby is born!  I'm excited to be an auntie again, and I'm so excited to see how Jordan reacts to having a little brother or sister and not getting all the attention anymore.  The best part: the new house is only about 7 minutes from my house!!!  It'll be a great excuse to go on a lot of bike rides this summer :) YAY!

All GOOD things today!

2 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Planning trips is so much fun! And it gets here way faster than you'd think. Or maybe that's just because getting older makes time go back faster? Not really sure. At any rate, I think your plan for saving money is a great one and you are going to LOVE Hawaii. Well. Not that I'd know because I've never been there. But I know people who have and THEY loved it!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh Hawaii! Never been there, but it looks beautiful. Hopefully your plans will work out.

I'm so glad everything's working out for you and your sister. 7 minutes away! yay!

Aaaaand I'm pretty friggin jealous that you don't work Fridays. Enjoy your day off today! I'll be stuck here at the office.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails