All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen

It's been quite some time since I've written a movie review...

Often times my mom will come home from a movie and I'll ask how it was only to hear "It was fine"; never good or bad, always fine.  I've started making her give film a rating and asking if she would recommend the film. Well, I remember back when Law Abiding Citizen came out in the theater, she came home and said "It was a really good movie!", without my even asking.  Then last week when she found out it was on DVD she told me I needed to get it.
I logged onto Netflix and added it to the top of my Q and got it before the weeks end.

In short, the movie is about a man, Clyde, who's family is murdered in front of him, within the first 3 minutes of the movie.  He's ends up frustrated with the justice system when the men who did it end up, basically getting off. The rest of the film goes on to follow him as he gets his revenge, not only on the man who killed his family, but every one who was involved in the case, including the entire city and their justice system.

This movie was much different than I expected.  I thought I knew what was going to happen, but was completely wrong!  I didn't completely care for the ending because I felt it could have ended a couple different ways and been a better movie because of it.  It's hard not to spoil it though.

Overall, I quite enjoyed the movie; I thought it was captivating and well thought out.  It held my interest and, while it had a bit of a Saw-ish feel to it, it wasn't what I'd call a horror film.  It was different than most movies and it doesn't require much thought into a back story or a deeper story; it's all laid out for you and explained very well.  You must realize though, that this is a movie because there are a few far-fetched things that happen.  I would recommend it because it is different than whats out now-a-days, which is always a good thing!

Overall Grade: A- ~ Good Film, good story, and while it could have ended a bit better, or differently, it was still entertaining.

Warnings for: gore, violence, torture and language.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to convince my fiance to see it with me!

It looks like a guy movie, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Thanks for the review! I'll keep trying to get him to go.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Thanks for this review! I had a friend post about it on Facebook and she HATED it - but her favorite movie is the Lizzie McGuire movie so I have a hard time taking any of her reviews seriously.

Ang said...

You're welcome Ladies!

LOL @ your facebook friend, Krysten!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails