All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Parental Advisory: Explicit Content

You know that everything you read on the Internet is true, right?
If you don't like Rap music, I'd highly suggest not reading any further...

Tuesday night I was picked up to go to the Twins game and much to my surprise I hear some Eminem coming out of the speakers.  Dope!  As we are rollin' down, rapping along to the dopest white boy out there, I gots to thinkin'; 'Damn, I really need to make sure I have all these Eminem CD's in my car, and listen to them one by one'.  Which I have not done yet, but will hopefully do tonight - tomorrow will be a good day in the Yaris.  Then... we gots to talkin'; 'When is Dre supposed to drop his new album on us?'  Now, a couple days later I find myself still thinking about this.  Wikipedia, here I come.

Keeping in mind the first line of this blog; here are a few things I've found:
Read just the Background Portion - Dre has obviously been planning this for a long time, and from the sounds of it we may get to hear it before year end! 
In that same paragraph you'll notice mention of Eminem's album in the works, also set for release in 2008. 

Now, wikipedia can be edited by about anybody who has a clue, so really how much can you trust it?  Well, google is my friend and friends come through for one another: USA Today is talking about it, LA Times has a more in depth article.
I feel pretty confident that rap music will be blessed with some dope beats and lyrics that no longer talk about grills, money, or 'boots with the fur'.  Dre is the master of what he does and hopefully this release will help get some of these new 'rappers' either on board with what rapping should be or off the mic completely.

Moving on to Eminem, whether you love him or hate him, you HAVE to admit that boy can rap like no other.  Not only his ability to flow, but his creativity to come up with some of the most amazing lyrics and rhymes in the industry.  In case you didn't notice, I am a huge fan of his.  I love music with emotion and, when he's not being silly, Eminem has more emotion in his music than any other rapper I've heard.

I love music, most all genres, but I've found myself searching out new music because of the way rap and hip-hop have changed.  It makes me feel old saying stuff like that, my BFF and I were talking about that the other day... "Whats with all this rap music now-a-days?" we laugh, only it's not funny growing out of a genre you usually enjoy because a few punks think they can rap. 

This could be the biggest year in music if both Dre and Em come out with new stuff.  That being said, support the artists you enjoy, BUY the music, don't steal it.

I wonder if there are any other blogs out there about rap music...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails