All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A new home for my words...

I must admit, blogging is not something I ever thought I would be into. I never considered myself a writer, and I still don't - probably never will. I'm very overwhelmed by the changes, the ownership, and the community that goes into blogging. I'm pretty sure I will lose some loyal myspace readers by changing... but I think it's about time I branch out and take some chances, right?
I designed my first banner:
It was pretty easy, if I'm being honest; nonetheless, I am quite impressed with myself for doing it. I wish I could have a new/different banner for each blog. Hell, I might be able to; all the setting and options are confusing to me, it's in bloggers language.

Speaking of language: can someone explain to me what an RSS Feed is? I've been trying to figure out how to make it easy for my friends (some of which I have to help with great detail {but I wouldn't have it any other way!}) to subscribe to my blog, or at least know when I've posted something new. Ideally I'd like to give them easy instructions without having to install anything or sign-up for much, if anything at all. That was the one perk of myspace blogging, you could subscribe easily and know (assuming they alerted you) when something had been posted. I'm pretty sure I have a subscribe button on my blog, but how it works beyond that, I'm just not sure; maybe I need to sign out and do some research. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
I'd like to know what backlinks are and how they work as well...

The one other thing I fear about changing is the anonymousness of the comments. I don't want people leaving anonymous comments... but I think you have to have some sort of account to leave any other kind of comment. I don't know, I'm still very confused.

Last but not least, I'd like to welcome everyone to my new blog!! I was able to copy/paste (horrible process) all my blogs from myspace, but wasn't able to get the comments over... I'm sure I could, but it would take forever. Now it's a lot easier to go back in time and read my older blogs; the archive function on blogger is bomb.com!!
Feel free to subscribe; I'm no poet, I don't (often) have much insight into life, but I like to type out my thoughts and share them with whomever likes to read them! Just another person in the world doin' her thang!

words to live by and my favorite sign off:
WORD BITCHES!

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Your new banner rocks! Way to go :)
A feed is kind of like an alert system...when you post a new entry, the feed of it goes to different feed services. Readers of your blog can subscribe to the feed so that when you post something new, they are alerted. It is such a time-saver if you read a lot of blogs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails