All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Nails

I used to paint my nails.  Actually quite frequently, like they always used to look good.  Now, they are long and ..(gasp!).. unpainted.  I'm so lazy, I don't even put Nail Envy (that stuff works, let me tell ya!) on them anymore.  I do keep them filed and nicely shaped, just not painted.  I have the time (it only takes a little bit to remove and reapply nail polish), so I am going to start doing it again.  Having my nails painted makes me feel pretty and that is something I could use these days!

Time to throw out all my old nail polish (cause it does go bad, right?) and stock up on some new colors!

Do you keep up on painting your nails?  What's your favorite color to paint them? 


PS. I also wanted to quickly thank everyone for their comments on my texting while driving post.  I'll post more on this later, but you've all really made me think... and I've made a decision.

7 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I almost always have my toenails painted. I started doing that my first year of college when I was ALWAYS wearing flip flops walking around the dorms.

Because I worked as a barista for nearly 5 years I NEVER painted my fingers. We weren't supposed to because it could be a health hazard thing. That didn't stop some people I worked with from painting theirs but I just didn't want the one day that I painted my nails to be the same day the health inspector stopped by!

I'm thinking I might start painting my fingers now that I have a different job. We'll see.

JerseySjov said...

nail polish doesn't "go bad" but it does get thicker over time which makes it harder to paint with.

i always have my toes done because i figure my feet are nasty enough from dance, the least i can do is give them a little pop of color!
i started doing my fingers regularly only a few months ago but i've noticed that it does make a difference in how pretty i feel on any given day :)

Ang said...

oh dear, Yes! my toenails are ALWAYS painted.. ALWAYS! this post applies to only my fingers :)

Krysten - do it, you'll feel so pretty!

JS - Thanks for the heads up on the polish (I have some from middle school, which was 18 years ago!)

Anonymous said...

I bite my nails, and they are GROSS. With 44 days left til the wedding, it's time to let them grow a bit so I can at least get some acrylics on there!

My toenails, however, are fuschia and gorgeous all the time.

Rob said...

An ex girlfriend painted my toenails once while i was sleeping. I woke up, went downstairs and hung out with the room-mates who kept asking me weird questions about flowers. It took hours for me to clue in.

Excellent blog.

Rob.

Dawn said...

Fingers are ALWAYS done....French Manicure style. I have acrylics....because after 28 years of biting them it was the only way to grow them. Now it's just a way of life. I get what's known here as "pink & white" And only have to go to get them done once a month or so.

Toes are ALWAYS painted too....right now they match my hands....french. What color I do just depends on my mood when I'm there.

Kimberly said...

Toes red - Big Apple Red, Thrill in Brazil, O'hare Nails Look Great, An Affair in the Park.

Nails - exactly the same - short & soft squared.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails