All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Funeral and A Wedding

Thursday I went to Davina's funeral.  It was good and it felt good.  There were a ton of people there, it was amazing to see that many people and know that they had all been touched by Davina in one way or another.
Afterwards, myself, Pam, Nick and Mark went on a drinking binge... in honor of Davina and her life... or so we said.  It ended up being a great day and night.  Pam and I ended up alone that night in our drinking and had a lot of fun but kept in focus why we were together that day.

Friday I was hung.over.... like a lot.  It was a bad day.  I did manage to meet up with boyfriend and his co-workers for some sushi rolls and his boss made me have one cocktail, ugh.  It hurt, but I got it down.. cause I'm a trooper!

Saturday I had to begin a one night stint of dog sitting for my dad, who lives about an hour away.  Steve's cousin also was getting married that day, so we drove up to my dads to do the dog thing, got ready and turned right around and drove to the wedding.  It was a fabulously happy wedding, outdoor (weather was perfect), great old music, no alcohol... it was just such a positive experience!
The wedding was over around 8:30, so we stopped at the liquor store for a bottle of wine and made our way back up to my dad's.  We just sat there, quite perfectly, drinking wine, eating popcorn, watching Man vs. Food and talking the night away.

The goal for Sunday was to get up, make b-fast, and get on our way to the car show at the State Fair grounds.  Well, I wasn't feeling well the next morning (not because of drinking, just felt off), so we took our time and finally made it to the car show around 3pm :/
It's okay though, the car show was closing up, so we didn't have to pay to get in and there were still plenty of old cars to see!

Happy Monday :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! you look adorable in that picture.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails