All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, April 5, 2010

It would take me almost 3 hours to bike to work!

Plinky Prompt: Could you live without a car for a year?



My commute is 35 miles, ONE WAY! According to the Google Map, it would take me 2 hours and 51 minutes to bike to work! I start work at about 6:00am. I would have to leave for work at 3am.



There would be no time for anything if I didn't have my car.



Are you kidding me?!

5 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yikes... yeah, that would not work for me. I mean, yes, if everything I needed was right here in River Falls it would be okay. But River Falls SO does not have everything I need. Like a place to eat that isn't Perkins...

Green Stone said...

I could...for about 1/3 of the year. I live in Eastern Canada, there's pretty much no way i could bike through the snow/slush/ice/hurricanes that take up the majority of the year. Also, no bike lanes here. >:(

Harley said...

Oh woah I so hope your car never brakes down. That would be BRUTAL. And why on earth do you start work so early?! That's insane!!

JerseySjov said...

well, i don't have a car when i'm at school, and i don't really go anywhere alone when i'm at home, so i think that i could be ok without my geo for a year!

Ang said...

@Krysten - I hear that... though, my town is big enough where I would probably be okay

@Kate - I didn't even think of the snow here (in MN).. I couldn't do that either... nevermind the 35 miles one way!

@Magpie - if my car breaks down, I skip work ;) but it's fairly new, so it should be good :)
I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week, which allows me to have Friday's off. An early start is a small price to pay for 3 day weekends!

@JerseySjov - I would love to live your life for a month! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails