All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hey Hun... barf

I've always had moments where I see a pretty girl and think God, I'd love to have her hair or Man, she dresses so cute, wonder if I could pull off that look.
Often times I look at these girls knowing that I am who I am (and feel good about who I am, most of the time) and can't help but feel a little bit envious, for whatever reason.

I really like girls with tattoos - but don't feel like I could pull off a sleeve myself

I often wish I had hair like hers:
or even just something simply wavy like hers:
I don't often find myself wishing for blonde hair, but I can say I've thought about it.
... and even though I don't think Katy Perry has a voice worthy of mentioning, I do admire some of the looks she can pull off:

Unless, however, after admiring a girl upon walking into a hardware store, because she has awesome colored hair and looks a bit edgy, she calls me "Hun" as I walk out.

That happened to me yesterday - stopped in the hardware store to get some stuff for work, see this cashier who has a look I want and is pretty cute in general, walk part her to do my business at the back counter, walk out, hands full of stuff and I say do you need to see my receipt? and she replies You're good, hun.

Ugh.  Way to completely ruin my admiration of you.

At this point it's needless to say, but I will anyways: I can't stand when people I don't know call me Hun or Sweetie/Sweetheart.  I'm not your hun, bitch.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA I don't have a problem with those, but I know a lot of people hate it so I would never say it!

I really want blonde hair. The problem is that fake blonde hair is really hard/expensive to maintain, at least if you want it to look good.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I've always admired girls that can pull off edgier looks. I don't feel like I have the face or body for that at all but totally wish I could!

Dana said...

It doesn't bother me when people call me hun...maybe I even like it. What I can't stand is Katy Perry. I wish she would leave the face of this earth. Too harsh?

Ang said...

I don't mind it coming from a friend - it does bother me with servers (especially male) and people I don't know.

Not too harsh at all... As much as I dislike her though, I always find myself jamming to her songs. It makes me want to barf.

kim said...

I don't mind Hun but if you call me Ma'am I might throw down.

JerseySjov said...

the only time i can handle being called "Hun" is when it's coming from a waitress at a seedy diner.
even a waitress at a nice diner can't get away with it in my eyes.

its so obnoxious! i dont even call people i know sweetie and honey; they're so patronizing! i was just talking on twitter about how much i dislike pet names. small internet, huh?

Kristi said...

Doesn't bother me at all, I think its part of the whole "Minnesota Nice"

Anonymous said...

tats are seriously addictive; you get one, you want more and they get bigger every time.

i love wavy-beach hair - i wish i had wavy hair like kate hudson!

Lovi said...

LOL - I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails