All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Little Birdy

I've worked my hours for the week, Friday is upon us, my birthday celebration is a few short hours away... how do I prep for such a eventful evening?  I get in the hot tub before I shower and do my hair and make-up.  

I'm sitting in the hot tub and see a Woodpecker, a Downy Woodpecker I think, he has made his home in the wooden frame of what used to be a big wooden swing, which happens to sit right off the patio from the hot tub.  He pops his head in and out a few times, looking right at me each time.  Then he pops out and away he goes.  A few minutes later I hear a bird call, one that sounds like a birdy in distress.  I look around and find him hopping around in the branches of a little bush/tree we have off to the side, calling his call every few seconds.  I figure this poor thing is buggin' out thinking about how close I am to his home, his nest, his family.  Little guy just wants to go home and I'm the one in his way.  
I get out of the hot tub and let the little bugger go home.  He is happy now.

Do you ever watch animals or think about how they feel when you are in 'their territory'?  Maybe something to think about next time you are in the presence of a creature, then again, maybe not.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Yes, I do think about animals and their habitats. Habitat destruction and humans have really ruined it for a lot of critters, makes me feel bad for them.....

PS Hope you had a lot of fun celebrating your BDay, sorry we couldn't make it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails