All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Chanhassen Arboretum

Friday, Pam and I got together and took a trip to the Arboretum in Chanhassen.  They have tons of gardens and lot of neat things to see.
In all honesty I wasn't 100% excited to go there, I was sitting on my couch Friday morning thinking I wanted to go out on a shoot, but was thinking more urban themed (downtown Mpls or St. Paul) just because this whole Urban Exploring (UE) thing is all I can really think about.  I was down for whatever though, and I almost always jump at the chance to see Pam - she's one of my favorites :)

I wanted to post some pictures ... besides the extreme heat and humidity, it turned out to be a great place to spend the afternoon.
The Rose Garden was beautiful and we spent the most time there:
I thought the colors of this rose were amazing, though the picture doesn't show it as well as it could:
GO VIKES:
Busy Bee:
Chanhassen is near Chaska, where the PGA Championship was being played this year.  The blimps could be seen from all around... (click to enlarge)
They also had a maze garden along the 3 mile drive, so we decided to give it a try despite the heat!  It was a ton of fun, although a bit frustrating at first.  You never know what you'll find around one of the wrong corners or through the wrong door:
Then, once you reach the end you can climb a few stairs and get a view of the entire maze you just finished!
It was pretty cool, I'll be honest.
If you haven't checked it out... I'd stop through on a day you're looking for something to do.  It does cost $9.00, but its at least a couple hours of your day.. more if you're into photography or flowers/trees/shrubs.

1 comment:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I hadn't heard of this place, but it looks like a beautiful spot for pics

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails