All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Thoughts

I didn't want to blog about death, ever.  I pretty much don't ever want to face it.

I feel that I need to at least say something about Michael Jackson passing away last week.  I have strong feelings about some of the stuff going on.  To me, it's heartbreaking.  I understand death is inevitable, I know it will come, I know we must deal with it.  The thing that makes his death the most alarming, to me, is the fact that he was young, too young to die anyhow.  He was the King of Pop in my mind, it's tragic.
There was a lot of 'talk' about how his death is a relief and how the kids of the world can sleep soundly now that he is gone.  This, to me, could be the most disrespectful thing I've ever witnessed from the human race.  He was never found guilty of anything; acquitted is the word, I believe.  That being said I am not suggesting anyone change the way they feel about him, hell, I think OJ is guilty, but the jury didn't.  This is my blog though, so here is my opinion.  The thing I find to be the most disrespectful is that he is dead and you say 'Thank God"?!  If you had an opinion why didn't you voice it while he was alive?  He obviously had issues, there is NO denying that... but shouldn't he be allowed to rest in peace like anyone else?  Why bad mouth him now, what's the point?  If you're happy he is dead, great for you, no need to disrespect.  Sometimes opinions are better kept to oneself, as you may think mine is - don't read it then.

There have been a lot of celebrity deaths in the last week; Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays - it's crazy!

Just serves as another reminder to tell those you care about that you do in fact care.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I can't say I've heard that people have said they thank God he is dead, but I do agree with everything you say. I was just happy to be out and about this weekend and heard multiple MJ songs at the establishments I went to as a tribute to him, which makes me believe that most people will remember him for the good stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails