All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Friday, June 1, 2007

yesterday

Below is copied text from an email i sent yesterday telling a friend what happened to me. Keep in mind, this all happened yesterday. I'm fine now, but I thought I would share my story with anyone who cares to read it.
I feel slightly off kilter today; but I think I'm more "shook up" about it then actually still having symptoms.

Today, around 1:45pm something started to happen to me. All of the sudden my peripheral vision in my left eye was gone. I thought maybe I'm just having a dizzy spell and it will be fine. That slowly started to move into the front of my eye and I started to develop a headache behind my right eye. I wasn't completely blind out of the left eye, I just had blind spots… for example; I was looking at Bob and I couldn't see his eyeballs, but I could see the frames of his glasses. Very strange.

Bob went online and looked up migraine symptoms and said that blind spots are pert of it, so I took some Excedrin Migraine and figured that would help. After a few minutes, I called my dad because he gets them too, and I wanted to know what happens to him. Most everything that was happening to me had happened to him with migraines. We got off the phone; I figured that would be the end of it.

So my vision was SLOWLY started to get back to normal, but all of the sudden my left hand was going numb from my fingertips up to my elbow… I could actually feel it crawling up. That slowly started to fade and the next thing I know my left cheek and left side of my mouth are numb and my headache is growing to the whole right side of my head! As I am telling Bob everything that I am going through he keeps looking things up online, well he didn't see anything about numbness, so he said he was going to take me in. I didn't want to go, but he and Chuck gave me no choice.

After being admitted into the ER (with a bracelet and all) and telling my story to many people, the doctor said it sounded like a migraine and that they would give me a shot and that should fix it. During my wait for the doctor, my dad showed up because Chuck had called him, so it was nice to have someone there with me; I didn't end up getting out of the ER until 5:30pm. The shot didn't seem to help the headache all that much, and by the time the doctor came in my vision was back to normal and nothing was numb anymore. I still can't move very fast without my head throbbing, and bending over is for sure a NO-GO!

Pretty much the single scariest thing that has happened to me… that I can recall. I thought something was seriously wrong when my vision started to do that… not fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails