All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, June 11, 2007

update/thoughts/movie reviews

update on my head... Thursday was my first full day off medication and I felt OK, my head hurt that day, but I took something and it actually helped for once. Thursday night I felt GREAT! Like I was back to normal for the first time in a week!!!!
Friday was even better... woke up feeling like myself, a little tired, but normal. The whole day was great!! no headache... not even a sign of one. YAY!
Saturday I woke up with a headache and it continued on most all of the day. I finally gave in and took something and it helped for the rest of the night.
Yesterday (Sunday) I woke up feeling pretty normal, but I spent all of my day cleaning and running errands, so I had kind of a wave of headaches, none lasting too long, but when they were there; they were intense! I chalk it up to cleaning, doing lots of bending over and fast moving... things that I really hadn't been doing much of over the past week. Also, I can't imagine that all the medication of the pill is out of my body yet anyhow.. so some of this weekend has to be attributed to that.
Today... I feel ok. I'm tried, like abnormally tired for a work day. I can feel a headache in the works, pretty sure I'm going to take something to stop it dead in it's tracks.


On a separate note:
Did anyone hear about Paris Hilton going back to jail?
That was a trick question... if you didn't hear about it you shouldn't even have the technology to be reading this blog because you live under a fricken ROCK!
I have a theory about this... anyone notice how Paris had not been talked about much in the past few months? Well I heard something on the radio that the media was testing the public on our obsession with Paris. They were intentionally not covering her life to see if anyone cared; no one did.
This weekend was the premiere of the newest season of The Simple Life; isn't it ironic that Paris also got out of jail and went back to jail just before said premiere?
You'll see this happen a lot in the celebrity world.... if you pay attention. Usually an actor or singer will generally get into some sort of trouble (since planting a tree doesn't make front page news) to get their name out there.. that way when you hear that their movie/album is dropping, you'll remember that you want to see/hear it. Start paying attention; you'll notice.

I'm curious to hear thoughts on the finale of The Sopranos. The radio this morning said it was quite disappointing. anyone agree?
Personally, I've never watched an episode (don't have HBO), but I've been thinking of Netflixing it, from Season 1... It would mean giving up my summer though (cause I'm sure once I started I wouldn't be able to stop).. and I've already got a summer addiction (Big Brother) that I will be feeding. Is it possible to have 2 addictions? I guess it depends how badly my friends and family want to see me this summer.... no bar, no Twins games, no travel, no bonfires, no lakes, no exercise... (well, I suppose I could take my laptop to the gym and while traveling); I think you get my point.
Thoughts? Is it worth netflixing?

Some movie reviews:
Knocked Up Grade: A++
This could be the "it" movie of the summer!! I have NOTHING but good things to say; I laughed soooo hard!!! Keep in mind, the reviews say "If you liked The 40 Year Old Virgin, you'll love this movie"; that is a very accurate statement! If you didn't like that movie, you will feel the same about this one!
Personally, I love both... some of the stuff they say and do.. HILARIOUS! It's about a girl who has a one night stand (with kind of a loser) and gets 'knocked up', they try to make it work and basically the movie tracks that story.
Highly recommended, only if you have a good sense of humor!!

Oceans Thirteen Grade: B
I am a HUGE fan of the casting in these movies... from Oceans Eleven up til now they have kept the originals and that is what counts! George, Brad and Matt are just so much fun together... I'd like to know them in real life... what a hoot!
I graded this movie "B", because while it was above average in my book, you can only make so many sequels and have them remain of good quality and story. This was not as good as the first, but it's wasn't as bad as the third installment of Pirates that I had to sit through!! I can't see them going into an Oceans Fourteen, and if they do it will be a stretch in the lines of a story.
I can't really tell too much of what the story is about because the Oceans movies tend to have twists and turns that you don't see coming. Basically the group gets back together for another heist... back in Vegas.

So, I have a lot of work to do, and I've been trying to do it in between typing this blog... but I just have to wrap this up now; can't do both I guess!
I really hope I covered everything I wanted to. I felt like I had a lot to blog about!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails