All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dr. Visit 6/6/07

I wish that myspace blogs had more "Category" topics.

So for those of you that are dying to know... I went to the Dr. yesterday, and it was a very informational experience for me! I feel that is a great thing...

Without diving too far into my medical history and disclosing everything about me that you probably don't care about....
4 days before I had all of my symptoms I had started a new birth control pill, the doctor yesterday told me that I should go off of that and see how I feel. Remember science class? Everything was about changing one variable at a time... so that is where we are starting. He felt like my symptoms were that of a migraine, and could easily be caused by the pill. If I don't see a change in the pain in a day or two, I have a Rx for a mild dose of imitrex to get filled. After I try that, if the pain persists I need to go in for a CAT scan.
I am hoping that going off the pill will cure everything.
The good news of all of that is all of my symptoms can absolutely be related to migraines and there is no need to worry of stroke.

I have an appointment with an endocrinologist in July to deal with other things going on with me (the reason I was put on the pill to begin with), so hopefully they can find something that is right for me to take care of the other stuff.

Doctor said that if I do just have migraines I may have to become a label reader and see if there are certain foods that trigger them.
One step at a time though... for now off the pill for me!

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words... it helps to have so many people around in a time of concern!
Love you all!

I'll post more if there is any changes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails