All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

10 Day You Challenge: Three Films




  1. Without question my number one all time favorite 'film' is The Wizard of Oz.  When I was a child we used to wait for it's once a year airing on TNT (or whatever channel is was on)... it'd be like the biggest night of the year in my house.  Then we decided to record it as I grew older and wanted to watch it more often.  The funny thing about that is, even though I had it recorded and watched it often - that one night a year airing was still a special night - for some reason the movie was different on that night.  Still to this day I love that movie!  I own the DVD obviously, I've seen a touring musical of it a couple years back, I've seen Wicked 3 times, I just love everything about it - it hold great memories of my childhood and, as an adult, I still get goosebumps when Dorothy walks out into Munchkin Land and everything is in color!  I even own this!
  2. Big - Again, one of those childhood memory things that transfers into adulthood.  I remember watching this movie as a kid at my gma's house.  She had the VHS of it and EVERY single time I went over there I'd ask her to watch it.  To this day, I still enjoy sitting down and watching it - it's just a great movie! 
  3. Big Fish - This movie reminds me a lot of The Wizard of Oz.  Stories are very different, but they both challenge you to have an active imagination.  For that, this is one of my favorite movies as an adult.  It's one of those feel good films... if you haven't seen it, go rent it.  It's pretty neat!
Okay - this is truly turning into a challenge!  Picking just 3 movies is NOT easy!!


6 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh, I remember waiting to see Wizard of Oz each year! We own the DVD now but it's totally not the same.

I love Big and Big Fish as well. Good choices!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Big!

Dana said...

I also remember waiting for the Wizard of Oz to come on each year. We'd make popcorn and the whole family would watch it together. I remember it being on CBS when I was really young. I also remember Big as a kid and I've also seen Big Fish. That movie was different. Did you know that the "banjo boy" from Deliverence is in that movie for a cameo? He's still creepy.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Yep, the annual Wizard of Oz viewing was a BFD in our family too. I remember watching it at my Gram & Gramp's. Big Fish was also great, I don't rememeber too much about it but that I cried at the end. I think we even own it, I better watch it again. I am terrible at remembering movies....

Sara Strand said...

My mom's favorite movie is Wizard of Oz. Have you ever been to the Judy Garland museaum in Grand Rapids? It's kind of a fun thing to do, especially if you go during the big festival they have!!

Kim Airhart said...

I love the movie BIG!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails