All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I LOVE Holiday Weekends!

July 4th has always been one of my favorite holiday's  - it's usually a family affair as my grandma was born on the 4th of July and we usually get together to celebrate it.  Especially having the day off of work, it always just works out.  I always keep my weekend open until I head the family plans, then plan around that.

This year we were to celebrate gma's birth on Friday the 2nd... then the rest of the weekend was free!  There was lot of things we could do, lots we talked about doing, but overall we didn't do that much... and sometimes that's okay!

Some highlights of my weekend (photos to come, soon):

  • Mastering the skill if baking and making 2 Buttermilk pies for my grandma's birthday celebration
  • Getting a BEAUTIFUL necklace from my amazing boyfriend
  • Having a blast on Friday night; out Nordeast with good friends and great family
  • Grilling sockeye salmon
  • Winning $43.00 on one horse at Canterbury Park (on a $2 bet)
  • Deciding that having my boyfriends arms around me during fireworks was more important than photos
  • Sleeping (way) in every day!
  • Getting a first coat of stain on 2 frames (and having the most important one look better than I hoped)
  • Enjoying a lovely dinner with boyfriends parents (Steak, Potato, Corn on the cob)


3 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds like you had an amazing weekend =-)

Dana said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

new necklace, winning a bet, fireworks... life is good.

Happy bday to your meemaw!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails