All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Perfect Meal..?

Back in the day when riding bikes was how we got around, smoking pot was what we did for fun, and eating fast food was a way of life; Pam and I had our idea of the perfect meal.
We always thought certain fast food restaurants had their signature 'thing' that made them great. The biggest debate was; do we go to BK for their awesome flame grilled burgers or do we go to McDonald's for their bomb ass fries?
As we sat atop Honeywell Hill one night, we got talking about what the perfect meal would consist of.
While I don't remember everything, and I am hoping Pam can help me out when she gets around to reading this, I want to share with anyone who reads this what our perfect meal would have been at the time.
Here goes: 1 - flame grilled burger from Burger King, 1 - Large fry from McDonalds, 1 - 4" round Turkey sandwich from Subway (with whatever fixings you like), 1 - order of (at the time) Border Fries from Taco Bell (which as some of you may not know, was a rip off from Taco John's Potato Oles and Taco Bell has since had to stop making and selling them), and I'm pretty sure 1 - large Coke from McDonalds to wash it all down, cause McD's had the bombest fountain Coke in the world!
Pam, have I missed anything?

I've been reminded of this perfect meal a lot as of late. It has me thinking about what my perfect meal would be now, at 26 years young.
Without putting too much thought into it, this is what I've come up with:
I would absolutely need to have at least one bunch of Snow Crab Legs, a small portion (like 2-3) of Pan Fried Sea Scallops cooked to perfection, Duck Confit from Volo (in Chicago), a Cheese/Olive plate, Parmesan-Crusted Halibut from The Pacific Cafe (in San Fran) and as the very last bite I would have a beautiful piece of Yellowtail atop white rice and dipped into (low-sodium) soy sauce. The biggest conflict is do I wash it down with a buttery Chardonnay or a perfectly dirty martini?

I'm sure there is more that I would like to add to that list, but as I mentioned I didn't put a lot of thought into it. I could probably sit here all day and think of all the perfect things out there to eat. I love good food. I would have to make it a weekend feast, cause there is no way I can do it all in one sitting.
I probably have a less pretentious list out there (wings from B-dubs, the yummy rolls and sweet butter from The As D House (Texas Road House), Chicken Fried Rice from Rose Garden, Cherry Limeade from Sonic, Parmesan Chicken from Majors, etc.).

Makes me wonder what I'm missing in the eyes of others.
Often times I will ask a question in my blogs and get few responses... this time I hope to get more. What is your idea of a perfect meal OR what is a food you enjoy so much you could eat it 24/7? Tell me about it... cause I want to hear! I love food... and I'm (mostly) always open to new things

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails