All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Friends and My Life

I have a lot going on as of late and a lot of it has to do with my friends.

My best friend since 6th grade, Pam, is preggers and due Mid-November - this coming Sunday I (along with another of her friends) am throwing her a baby shower!  I'm super excited and I'm so happy for Pam.  She has ALWAYS wanted to be a mommy and she is going to be wonderful at it!  I'll be sure to post pictures (if I have time to take them) from the shower on Sunday.
I'm not excited to be planning with someone else (again - you remember my 10 year reunion planning?) - I've learned that I need to be in change too much to plan things with other people.  My own fault, I know, but that's not my point.  I'm over the top with detail and information, if I'm planning with someone I keep them filled in at all times, when I take a breath even - maybe it's annoying, but I want the other person to know what's been done, what needs to be done and whatever else comes up... I feel like I'm the only person in the world that is this way.
/rant

Another of my friends since 6th grade, Abbie, just found out she has MS.  Several years back they thought she had a stroke - and after some recent events and testing brought to light that she has MS, they are now saying it wasn't a stroke, but her first serious symptom of MS.  I can't even imagine what she is feeling right now.  Her doctor has gone through some treatment options and she is currently weighing over them to figure out what is best for her.  This is all very new news.  News that is simply shocking.  I don't know much about MS other than what I've read since finding out...
I don't want to pity her, because she is strong.  I just can't help but feel a little sad for her as no one want to find this out a month before they turn 30.

Some other fun stuff coming up:
Sept 25th - The shower mentioned above
Sept 26th (this Monday) - I'm babysitting my nieces - I miss their faces and their hugs!  I'm excited.
Sept 28th - Twins game - last home game of the season... Steve and I have gone to the last home game for the past 3 years (this being our third)
Sept 29th - we are having a girls dinner - which is myself, the 2 above mentioned friends since 6th grade, and another friend of ours (all of us being friends with her for different lengths of time, but roughly around the same), Amanda.  We get together once a month and while we used to take pictures, we really don't anymore.  I'm just glad we've kept up on the monthly thing!
Oct 16th - boudoir photo shoot!
Oct 24th - Second annual Pumpkin carving!  Last year Steve and I went to my friend Abbie's house and carved pumpkin with her, her boyfriend, and our friend Amanda.  This year we're doing it again, but Pam and her boyfriend will be joining us as they just moved within a few blocks of Abbie!  Can't wait - Steve showed me a picture yesterday of what he thinks a good pumpkin for me is.. and I can't help but agree!
Oct 29th - This year Steve and I are not going to the Anoka tent party, but making the trek up to Duluth for an annual Halloween party that we've never been able to make it to.  Blake and Steph are hosting (Blake and Steve grew up together)... and it's sure to be the happeningest thing since... last years party!

After that we enter the Holiday Months... November, December (my birthday month!), and January!  Holy cow this year is flying by!



Then of course (I'm obligated to do this for another few days) - If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, go here to do so now!

6 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I actually love that you're such a planner - I am too but then I get really annoyed when other people are just kind of blah about everything. So when the whole Milwaukee trip was going on it was SO nice that you were all about planning, it makes life SO much easier!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of cool stuff going on!!

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sara Strand said...

I'm referred to as the hyper planned. But I can't help it. I like to plan things out as far in advance as I can so no extra costs or to-do's spring up at the last minute. I really like feeling totally relaxed during an event knowing I'm as ready as I can be.

Have you decided what you're wearing for your boudoir shoot?? I am thinking I'll do one this winter.. I just want to lose a little bit more. Just a little ... then I won't feel like a complete beached whale prancing around in underwear.

Bonnie said...

You are a planner, and I am a planner, so let's be best friends. Mmkay? :) Nobody else seems to understand my need to organize and plan.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

You forgot to add our dinner on October 5th!

love jenny xoxo said...

boudoir photo shoot... wow I'm impressed!!! Are you going to post the photos?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails