All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Update

The house is finally to a place where I don't feel rushed to get home and work... we've still got a lot to do and even more that we want to do but probably can't afford... BUT - it's beginning to look like a home.  It's super exciting.  I plan to take some crappy cell phone photos of it tonight for the facebook people in my life - I will try to post them here too, tomorrow... or maybe tonight.
We don't have internets at home yet and blogging from my phone is time consuming.  Soon enough my pretties... soon enough.  It's a lot better to see the house with our stuff in it - because it feels more like home.

Anywhos - I went to a bachelorette party on Saturday, in Duluth.  It was the most fun with a group of girls I've had in a long time!  I was pretty worried because ... well .. I don't really like girls and I find that I have a hard time getting along with girls I don't know, but Linnea (the bride-to-be) has some pretty fucking awesome friends.    I stole a few pictures to share with you:
The Bride-to-be (in Pink) and her Maid of Honor (in Black)
A couple of group shots:

Apparently I have a new favorite face to make when I'm drunk (and I was on a mission for world peace, maybe?)...
and I have no idea what is going on here, but this picture makes me laugh... so very hard...


All in all a great night, minimal drama (none too much to ruin the excellent time we were having), lots of cocktails, lots of laughs, and a couple douche canoes.  

Have there been any Random Acts of Kindness lately?!  Give me an update please!

I had lunch with Krysten on Friday, I'm really enjoying getting to know her.  We don't live that far from each other, but it's not really close either, so the few times I've hung out with here, I've always left wanting to do it again.  Her, Sara, and myself are signed up to do a boudoir photo shoot in August - I'm hoping to come away with some pretty amazing shots.  Don't worry I'll share some with you when I get them.

After lunch on Friday I had my final laser hair removal treatment on my bikini line.  Back in October, I purchased one of those half priced deals (I can't remember which of the many sites I got it from) for 4 laser treatments on one of many areas to chose from.  I picked the bikini line as my Hawaii trip was around the corner.  I'll talk more about my experience with laser hair removal another time, but it's been a pretty nice change down there... lol.  I'm not completely hair free (they say it can take from 4-6 treatments), but there is a big difference.  I'm just glad to be done driving to Hudson, WI just for a quick 10 minute appointment!

Sorry I'm so random here... have a good Tuesday!

5 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I am so glad you had such a good time and I know what you mean about being worried - I always feel the same way before I get together with a group of girls. You never know if people will gel or not and if NOT then there's always drama. No fun.

We definitely need to hang out more! We should find some places between both of us so it's not such a drive for either of us.

And I'm so glad the house is coming together. Although I can't imagine the pink bathroom has magically changed color ;-)

Anonymous said...

YES! Let us know how the laser goes. I'm dying to do it myself :)

Love your drunk face hahaha! "Drunk Laura" enjoys posing with a slight duck face and the occasional peace sign

Harley said...

I'm kind of dreading the bachelorette party (or Hen Party, as they're known here) - era. I'm hoping all my friends are really late to get hitched and I don't have to do that for a good long while!

I love the pictures though, you look like you had a good time despite the requisite blogger syndrome of social anxiety beforehand!

Can't wait to see pictures of your house and hear about the laser removal!

Kristi said...

Looks like fun! A few years back I went to a bachelorette party in Duluth and didn't know any of the girls either but still had a good time

Dana said...

Looks like you really enjoyed yourself based on the photos.

I just realized that I do have RAOK update for you...A girl I work with went to Orlando for a once in a lifetime family vacation and she saw those family decal stickers you see on cars but these ones has Mickey ears on each family member. She didn't buy them and she wishes she did so I found them online at the Disney Parks store and purchased her whole family and her cat and dog stickers and gave them to her on Valentine's Day. She was super surprised and she teared up and was so thankful. Totally worth it for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails