All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.7

So... last night I turned over 1,000 miles on my car. That's kind of exciting.
I love my new car! It has brought back a part of me that was somehow lost while driving a mini-van. I drive my car like it's a race car... I used to zip around in my neon like it was a race car, it's nice to remember and re-find a part of me that I forgot about. It goes deeper than just that... but I'm still discovering it.
I think I've had a lot of things going on in my personal life in the past 8 years... I know that is a long time period to generalize 'things going on'... but the past 8 years have been extremely difficult and I feel like I've been in the process of trying to find who I am, like everyone in their 20's.
2008 was supposed to be my year of making good decisions. It worked for like a week... and now I've decided that as long as I feel it's the right decision at the time, I should go with it... I have to live with the consequences if it wasn't; it's just the way of life.
I went through a really rough patch this year... the weather had a lot to do with it... I made some really stupid decisions and said/did some really stupid things. I am now living with it... and it sucks, but I've learned from it - and that is the best I can do. I'm sorry to anyone I've hurt or offended along the way; I truly am.

I also went on a date last night... it was interesting. I feel like I'm a cynic when it comes to this whole dating thing. Am I really supposed to believe the things a guy says... or is he just trying to get in my pants?! LOL... sounds silly to say at 26 years old... I guess I've had some bad experiences with guys in the past... just makes me think twice every time a guy says something to me. Maybe it has something to do with the type of guy.
The other thing.... I'm not real sure why I'm even dating; I have little to no interest in having a boyfriend. I'm all for making new friends and getting to know someone better, but in the end I'm not looking for a commitment. I'm not looking for a booty call either, I'm pretty happy being single (for the most part) - a little kissy face never hurt anyone though as kissing is one of my favorite past times

After 3 bottles and probably 3 months, I finally have my flattened Golden Gate bottle (I'll try to post a pic soon)! Now, I have a lot of wine to drink to complete my project... anyone thirsty?
The same night that I gave the ceramic shop my bottle, I also made a wine bottle topper. I've had that for quite some time... and I will post a picture soon... it turned out to be pretty dope.

Back To The 50's is this weekend... I'd love to go, it's been years since I've made it down there. I think the last time I went was with Morgan, we drove his Grand Nash down... pretty sure I have some memory of getting pulled over... ???
Anyhow, I doubt I'll make it down there this year either. Oh well, maybe next year.
Thinking about Back To The 50's makes me think about back in the day when we used to go down to Midway and hang out. The old cars, the friends, Porky's!! What an awesome time of my life that was!! I have such amazing memories of those years

Sonic has opened in MN now! I've been there twice now... and I've decided that the food is not the reason to go there (unless you get the popcorn chicken), but the drinks are beyond dope! I still have so much to try... but I'm working my way through it - I can't wait until there is one closer to home.

My niece is going to be 1 in a month!!!! How does that happen?! I cannot believe it's already been a year. WOW.

Lastly - I've decided to watch the Star Wars movies (I've never seen any of them). I'm going to be adding them to my Netflix Q... the big controversy is what order to watch them in... I think I'm going to watch them in the order they were released; that's the right way, right?

So much more to talk about... but only so much time in a day.

Until next time, America...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails