All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Thanks for the Memories...

Hi Loyal Readers... as a warning- this blog is going back in time.  Might not make sense to some of you... but feel free to read and enjoy anyhow; some of my thoughts may cause you reflect on times in your life. 
I have been dealing with some drama for the past couple of months now- and recently it has caused me to think back to high school times.  My first thought is the gossip and drama, but I am quickly forced to think about all the good things High School had to offer: the boys, the fun, the lack of responsibility!
Who remembers John Kelly's El Camino?  I was so in love with that car that I actually ASKED if I could wash it for him... and he let me too (I just wanted to drive around in it!).  Remember sitting in Hanson's class and doing so much of nothing, but always working on Yearbook?!

My first vehicle was a Bronco II- I LOVED that truck, I made so many great memories in there!!  Before I could drive though... we used to ride our bikes EVERYWHERE... that is what's so great about Nordeast- it's such a small community in a big city!  The summer of 1997 was the greatest summer of my life- I know a few will remember that with me!  Jen- didn't we make a list of the wonderful things about that summer; any chance you still have that?

One of my favorite things about HS was the football games... man oh man, what a great time!  Painting the Rock before hand... and going to North, South, Henry and whatever other schools to paint their rocks as well!  Are you kidding me... SO MUCH FUN!  anyone want to paint the rock this weekend?  Class of 2000... LOL
Having zero bills to pay, and your biggest concern was getting a couple of bucks to put some gas in your car (and back then {haha, like it was that long ago} a couple bucks got you a couple gallons of gas).  Going to parties and having crushes on all the cute boys (or in my case, the boys who weren't scared of my BIGGER older brother).  Walking down the alley to DQ for lunch, and getting PHAT hook ups at DQ at night, when all your friends were working!  Going to Midway on the weekends and having those DELICIOUS shakes from Porky's!

We used to have so much fun doing a whole lot of nothing... growing up sucks.

I have such wonderful memories of high school and while the drama was always there, it just gave you something to talk about- which was fine by me.  It's funny to me that there is always drama between people, no matter the age.
I just thought I would post this for those who remember the fun HS brought to them.  I thought it was a blog worth sharing.  Feel free to post your own thoughts/comments/memories!!!
On a real note: I am all drama'd out... no more of it for me.
AND... it's windy as all get out here today.... I might blow away on my drive home!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails