All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Taiko Sushi Bar - Moundsview, MN


In all honestly, I was a bit leery of sushi in moundsview area... but I thought I'd give it a chance. One night a few weeks ago I was craving sushi, I found Taiko on citysearch and it was the closest sushi to my house. I drove down, not knowing exactly where the place was and found it - barely. The place is not very well lit and there was a lot of construction type vehicles around the place; it looked closed! Well, there were cars in the parking lot, so I went in; I checked out the menu and ordered a rainbow roll and some Nigiri (yellowtail, salmon, and tuna). Once I got home and opened my sushi box I was so excited to eat it... and no longer thinking about the fact that this place was so unappealing to the eye (from the outside). The fish was fresh ad huge, the rice was perfect, and they were nice enough to supply me with a to-go cup of soy sauce and chopsticks. YUM!! I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone! I went back just this weekend cause I figured I should try it again before I wrote a review~ This time I wanted to experience the dine in option. I sat right up at the sushi bar, where I like to be! It was just me and a couple sitting at the bar and several of the tables were filled with people. I took a look at the menu again and decided to try a California roll, a tuna maki, and a piece of yellowtail nigiri. Ideally I like to have everything on one plate in front of me, cause I like to mix and match the crunch of the Cali roll with the other options on my plate. They brought out the California roll first, followed by the tuna maki and lastly the piece of yellowtail. All of it just as fresh and wonderful as my first visit! Some other details worth mentioning: an order of nigiri is one piece (not 2) for $2.00, the only 'to-go' menu they have is by email and it's not the full menu as in the restaurant. Very friendly and talkative staff. huge bites of FRESH fish! Give it a shot!!!
Pros: location outside of the city with very good fresh food
Cons: poorly lit outside

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails