All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Coming Soon

So, recently I've been itching to have a VHS tape (yep, I still have some) transferred to DVD.  So the other day I finally got off my ass and went into Costco with it.  Well, they quickly turned me away telling me they need some sort of copyright release.. BS.  I was pissed.

So what is the video, you ask?  Let me tell you.
In 1999 (13 years ago) I went to Cancun Mexico.  During that trip I swam with dolphins - one of the highlights of my life!  I have a dolphin tattoo, so that means I really love them ;)
Anyways - I convinced my mother to purchase the tape for me... and for the last 13 years I've just held onto it showing people every so often.  In more recent years I've held onto it with no way to watch it; I got rid of my VCR long ago!

Well, after I left Costco all pissed off because It was 13 years ago, why on Earth would I have a copyright release?! I went online to contact the lovely people in Cancun.  I used their company 'contact' form telling them what I was looking to do and a couple of short days later, I receive an email from them with a copyright release form!!!!!

Head held high and copyright release in hand, I walk back into Costco and hand over the tape without offering my release form right away.  I wanted to see what this employee would tell me.
Costco Employee: I assume this tape is not what the cover says?
Me: No, it is what it says it is
CE: We can't copy this ma'am, it's a professional video and it's copyrighted.
Me: I have the copyright release right here
CE: Oh.


 From that point forward I'm pretty sure he hated his life - it's like I walked into an ice cream shop and asked for a malt/shake (having many friends who worked for DQ, I know how much they hated when someone ordered a malt/shake).  He finished helping me, but it was seriously like I was the devil to him and asking to have a VHS converted to DVD is THE WORST thing I could have ever asked for.

All of this being said - he told me that in about a week I should receive an email telling me that my video is available online (they give you a free 90 online preview of it).  So once that's up and running... I do plan to share it with you all!  Oh happy days!

I was 17 when that video was shot.  I haven't watched it myself in probably 7 years!  I'm kind of excited!  Stay tuned...



4 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

Haha... yesterday someone wanted a strawberry shake at work. They're lucky I was in a really good mood and bored.

I want to see your dolphin tape! I've always wanted to swim with dolphins. I told Iz that when we go on a cruise we ARE going to do that at one of the ports.

Laura in Cancun said...

When I was a waitress, I would get so frustrated when I was busy and someone would ask for a dessert. So much work!

The bartenders would get noticeably irritated when someone asked for fresh squeezed orange juice.

Can't wait to see it!

Sara Strand said...

1. I have a dolphin tattoo too!
2. I worked at DQ, shakes/malts are the easiest. It's the stupid banana splits and the royal treats. You're having to go between two or three stations to finish the damn thing. GRRR.
3. Costco sounds like a nightmare.
4. Not joking, I think I still have my New Kids on the Block LIVE! VHS at my mom's house. Maybe I should try to bring that in to get copied. HA!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Old videos are so fun to watch! My dad had our old videos converted to DVD years ago and we sometimes watch them on Christmas Eve! I hope your dolphin video turns out well! Thank goodness that old company in Cancun is still open after 13 years!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails