All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.5

First of all... I'll tell you about my bottle, cause a lot of people are asking and have no idea what I'm talking about.
I had this wine bottle... it was frosted, but had a clear window on the front that showed a picture on the back of the bottle. The picture on my bottle was The Golden Gate Bridge. I LOVE the Golden Gate Bridge, I LOVE San Fran, and I LOVE(d) that bottle; it meant the world to me. I was so happy to have found it, and I had it sitting on display since 2004. When I signed up for a community ed class, the description said to bring a wine bottle and they would 'slump' it down into a cheese plate. So i got an idea for an art project using my Golden Gate bottle, which I will spare the details of for this story. I went back yesterday to pick up my bottles (I brought in 4)- and, long story short, she told me that my Golden Gate bottle rolled while it was in the kiln and was ruined. I almost broke down in tears at the store. She told me she has calls out to wine stores in San Fran and is looking to find a new bottle, I think after seeing my reaction, she is going to be looking a lot harder now.
anyhow- I am completely devastated about this... if I had ANY idea this could happen, I would have never left the bottle with them, I would have kept it as it was ... and had it forever. I figured that a ceramics shop would know what they were doing. I'm heartbroken and have been in tears since yesterday. I have looked ALL OVER online and can't find a pic of the bottle, let alone one for purchase. So anyhow... that is the shortened story.
UPDATE:
Here is a link to a picture of my bottle (Thank you Steve!!)

On a separate note: I watched the Season Finale of The Office again last night (because I may have been a bit tipsy the first time ). Holy Crap... what a way to end the season... cliff hangers and all!! I won't say too much.. for those catching up on past seasons or who haven't watched it yet. Twists and turns all over...
Same thoughts on the Desperate Housewives last show... I can't wait for that show to come back, I'm dying to know where they pick back up and what is going on!

I went to Sonic while I was in Vegas... more than once! Bliss.
I also learned that they are in fact building a Sonic right now in Elk River, right on my drive home. I can not wait for that!

I have amazing friends!

I don't know yet if I am moving to Vegas... so please stop asking. I will make sure and let everyone know when I make a decision. The only person who can keep bothering me about it is Renee... cause I know she will anyways

Indiana Jones opens tomorrow... pretty sure I'm stoked to see it.

Have you ever thought about your PIN Number? More specifically, the fact that PIN stands for Personal Identification Number, but then we add the word Number after PIN- so we are really saying Person Identification Number Number.

Apparently I say the word "bag" funny.

I got my crystal martini shaker in the mail when I got home... it's beautiful, and I think I'll use it this weekend, with my measure pour, 1.5 oz. x 2 with a shot of olive juice and 3 olives = the perfect martini.

What does everyone have going on for Memorial Day weekend?

My niece is taking steps now!!!!

This is kind of a lame random blog... I am sorry. I have more thoughts, but they run out of my head once I start typing. I'll try again soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails