All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Random - Vol. 8.4

I have a few things on my mind today-

First: Why are so many things in America called French, like French Vanilla, French Silk Pie, French Toast, French Kiss, etc.?
In France, what do they call what we call French Toast? Maybe it’s pancakes to them.
What do they call an open mouth tongue kiss? An American kiss...?
What’s wrong with American Vanilla? Is there a Mexican Silk Pie?

It’s kind of like the whole Canadian Bacon thing... what do the fine folks in Canada call what we know as Canadian bacon? For that matter, what do they call bacon? (loopy, can you help me out on this one?)

Second thing on my mind: The Shocker, who invented it? And really... if someone told you that they invented it; would you believe them?

Third: Spring; the season. It should be upon us, but it’s not. I’m not going to bitch too much here, BUT... I’ve been seeing my favorite signs of spring lately: the motorcycles, the old classic cars, the birds, etc. but I’m not seeing spring itself! This past weekend was wonderful weather, but how much are we supposed to take? It’s been snowing here all morning here... tomorrow is April! Ugh... I just really need it to be done.

Fourth and final: April Fools Day- know of any good pranks? We’ve got something cooked up here at the office for one of my co-workers; I can’t wait! Just wondering if people still get into this day and if so, what it is that you do! Spill...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails