All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, April 6, 2006

another travel horror story

As I sit here at Minneapolis/St. Paul airport... you couldnt imagine the sounds and warnings I am hearing! My flight is delayed, and I'll tell you why...
Let's start from the beginning... since I have so much time.
I wake up this morning... just like every other day, only today is the day I fly to Boston.  How pumped am I? 
Work was nothing more or less than it had been all week... one of the craziest weeks since I've started my job!  Why not reward it with a trip to Boston?
After work, I am headed right to MSP, just as the weather begins.  Since people in MN like to drive like fucks when the weather is anything but perfect... I'm stuck in more traffic then I imagined... 'am i going to be late?' I think to myself.  I dealt with it... and let me tell ya... it did get pretty bad, cars right in front of me were wicked hard to see.  Not to mention the fucks who didn't have their lights on in a fucking downpour!  Just as a side note for all of you who are stupid... if it's raining, DOWN POURING, turn your lights on as a favor to the rest of us.  thanks.
I make it to the lot I park in... take the shuttle to the airport and make it with plenty of time to fly.  As all of this is going down, my boyfriend, who is in Newark, was trying to make it to JFK to fly and meet me in boston... he got stuck in traffic, and was trying to find other ways of getting to me.  Driving was going to be our last option.  SOOOO, i get to the airport, jump online to email him directions (he has a blackberry) from JFK to our hotel in Boston.  check.
At this point I sitll haven't made it to my gate, and I'm not 100% sure how far away I am from it, but I knew I had time.  So I make my way to mygate and see my plane sitting away from the ramp... 'wtf is going on here'
The fucking weather, that's what's going on.  LIGHTENING like crazy... no planes can move. 
Just as I finish eating my BK, cause all the other lines were wicked long and I was in a hurry to get to my gate (before I knew of the delay), they make this announcement saying were are in a severe weather watch... until 730, i was supposed to fly at 630.  AND, they tell everyone to move away from windows and doors... guess where Ang was sitting... right by the biggest window in all of MN!  So i move... to the fucking hall, or whatever you call it in an airport.  jsut as i turn on my computer to write this blog... i hear this sound.... the sound i mentioned in the start...
HAIL!
LOUD HAIL!!!
everyone was going nuttttsss... kinda funny, but damn glad i moved away from the window!
the good news... my boy was able to make it to his flight (literally 4 minutes before his flight was to take off he was parking his car), and my flight will fly... I'm just not sure when.

the light won't stop... and i really really want it to.

alright... my booty hurts from sitting on the hard floor, i'm going to go find another window!

word ya'll, holla back.

~Ang

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails