All images and content are Copyright © by the owner of Football, Sushi, and The Pursuit of Happiness (unless otherwise stated); please do not use or copy without permission.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tomorrow is Friday the 13th...

and the effects of it started Wednesday!
i once had a friend, who was hit by a drunk driver and left to lay in the street of NE Mpls, and die. This happened on friday the 13th, of 1995... 10 years ago, and i still believe friday the 13th is a force to be reckoned with.
it's only thursday, and early enough in the morning... i can't wait to see what this day holds. I am sitting in a hotel room in Parsippany, NJ... awaiting my trip over to New York City later this day.
Let me tell you about Wednesday...an emotional day.
My day starts with me waking up at 5:00am, in order to make it to work early... with the plan of leaving early. See, my flight to Newark was at 6:50pm on Wednesday... so i get to work to find a boquet of flowers sitting on my desk. very pretty flowers.. carnations, and a few others that i cannot identify. I work for my aunt, and she had some sitting on her desk too... very kind of someone to do, right? WELL... if only you could tell us who did it. the long and short of the story is; someone walked into our office between 6:00am and 6:10am... while my aunt was in the back part of the office... set flowers on both of our desks, without being seen, and walked out... without saying a word.
so the first question is, who did it? the second question is, why would someone not want credit for such a kind thing? other questions will come after I am over the first two...
so, needless to say, we spend the whole day talking about it, and trying to figure it out... asking everyone we work with, and no one takes claim.
by afternoon... my thoughts are drifting off to something else...
my flight to Newark is rapidly taking over my thoughts.. did i pack everything? is my flight going to be on time? will i have enough time to get to the airport? WHY IS THIS DAY GOING SO SLOW?!
again, i'll give you the long and short of it; i get to the airport with PLENTY of time... grab some wicked expensive dinner (airport style), and make my way to the gate. I am antsy, so I don't sit long... I decide to see if there is a exit row seat i can steal... i love the extra leg room... there was, so i did! i walk around a bit, grab a cosmo... to read not to drink... and walk back to my gate. my flight is now 'estimated' to leave at 8:00pm!!! WTF?! how can that change in a matter of minutes? well.. it was raining in Newark last night, and they decided to hold a bunch of flights off, mine was one of them.
Since i already mentioned that I am sitting in a hotel room in NJ, you must have assumed that I made it to Newark just fine... and if so, you assumed right. and i got to see my baby about 10 minutes after i landed, so that was a nice thing too.. him staying up and driving to get me, when he had to work this morning. The flight sucked... it was super bumpy, and the guy next to me assumed because I am a girl and he is a boy that I don't need any room on the middle arm rest... and even more, that i didnt need all the room in my seat area... so i made friends with his elbow, but only for the duration of our flight. I'm not rude, and it wasn't killing me to have his elbow lodged into my side for 2 hours... so i just dealt with it, and secertly wished he'd spill his glass of water or bottle of soda on his laptop!! I'm evil. He didnt spill, and now my side hurts.. dammit!

tomorrow is friday the 13th, and i think tomorrow is the day we are visiting the world trade center site... seems appropriate, but strangely odd. I couldnt help but think about that on my flight in... not so much going there and it being friday the 13th, but just the actual act of the whole 9/11 thing. could you imagine flying into a city and watching your plane head right for a huge skyscraper?
i dont even want to talk about... it makes me cry. i don't think i will be able to contain myself when I am there.

well... aside from that... here's to a wonderful trip to NYC! lots to see and do... and lots of pictures to be taken... i need some additions to my walls!
have a great weekend everyone...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails